Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the man wants to persist with iwobi rather than trying to make it work with one of the most gifted players around, then it’s bad management from me. He should be able to manage players to get the best out of them.
As a fan i agree with this but Rafael might be getting pressure from above to try & make the expensive flop of a signing work instead of the free signing. I wouldn't put it past Moshiri as i feel he has too much influence in things he shouldn't have.

Doubt he's lying over Covid isolation mate.

You'll all be saying he assassinated JFK next.

He probably is. I would say he has been instructed to say it is due to isolation though and he';s just doing what the PR team are asking.

companies have definately used isolation as excuses.

Ultimately none of us have a clue. Patrick Boyland said hes isolating from what RB has said so lets go with that.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Rafael Benitez Southampton Press Conference

Rafael Benitez on fans returning to Goodison

I think it’s very good for everyone. The fans will be excited after one year without watching their teams, the managers will be the same. You can feel the atmosphere. It’s really good for everyone.

Rafael on the Window
I'm sure if you ask the majority of the managers, they want to improve. It it still early, we have to wait a little bit until the end of the window but I'm happy with the way the players are training. Hopefully we can replicate that on the pitch

Rafael on FFP
The rules are there. We have to follow them & we try to do it. It's something we have to consider every time

Rafael On Rodriguez
I have had my conversations with him at the beginning and he knows my idea. Now he’s not available so it’s not an issue for tomorrow. We will discuss with the players, their agents for the best outcome for everyone.

Rafael on Lewin
Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin are available, James Rodriguez is out and we have some players in isolation so we have to manage that.

Rafael on Everton’s new signings
Andros and Demarai are doing well. I'm really pleased with the way they settled in & have a relationship with the other players around. We will see if they can replicate that on the pitch tomorrow.

Rafael on The Saints
I think we know it's a team that is very aggressive. They're always trying to play on the front foot. Sometimes they are really good & sometimes have big defeats. I have confidence that we can do well

Rafael on speculation
When the transfer window is open & you have to play games, you have speculation about players. It's the same in every team. It's not ideal because as a manager you want everyone in the squad to know where they are

Benitez on season aims
The main thing for me is one game at a time, so Southampton is the target. If we get three points, we will be closer to our target. We have to be realistic & concentrate on the next challenge, to get 3pts against Southampton

Rafael Benitez message to Evertonians
I think they are quite clever & the main thing for us is to be sure we're strong at home. They can be a major part of our success

Rafael Benitez on why James Rodriguez is not available tomorrow
We have some players that are in isolation now with COVID. We have to be very careful, some players have to be at home and he is one of them

More Rafael on Rodriguez
I understand that the fans want to see the best players possible on the pitch to win the game. He is one of them. We have Richarlison, Dominic.

Rafael Benitez on Playing Style
We have to play well & to play well doesn't mean 20 passes in the box or direct football. It has to be somewhere in between.
We have to agree a plan & follow this for every game, When I say winning mentality, it is just to give everything on the pitch. I've seen teams come here and struggle with the intensity.

Rafael on working with the group
This group of players have been training well, we have improved the fitness a lot. They are receptive, they listen and want to do things in the way we want to do.

Rafael on Richarlison
We analysed the pros and cons of him going to the Olympics. He knows we need him now and we will manage his time off and holidays to ensure he has a proper recovery.

Rafael on absentees
We have five players in isolation. I will not name those players but you are clever enough to know them. They will not be available tomorrow

About as bad as it could have possibly been.

Reprehensible fat kopite pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.