Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s he saying here then

The recipe is very exacting and the ingredients are non-negotiable,” says Kopite Benitez of the true Valencian paella, which must include rabbit, chicken, snails, three types of beans, garlic, tomato, Spanish paprika and olive oil. “The secret is patience, and passion, and layering the flavours as you go rather than just throwing a bunch of ingredients together.” The rice, he says, is all-important. “It’s like wine. People over there will check and taste rice like wine. The chefs can tell you where the rice is from and the quality. Each has different characteristics.”

Decent enough interview. Also, it was good to see Råfa getting hands-on and involved with the training sessions. Will be interesting to see who else he signs during this window. The new season can't start soon enough for me, really looking forward to it.

In all seriousness, I think that attitude from a manager is just what we need at this moment in time.
This feller wont give a toss. He'll just bin anyone he doesn't rate. Thank goodness.

I must say - and I criticised this at the time (and still think it's weird behaviour to this day) - but this is a feller who wouldn't fly back for his old feller's funeral service in the middle of the World Club Championships. He's that single minded over football.

If the lead swingers in Everton's squad believe this is going to be another one they can roll over I think they'll be sorely mistaken. If he has Moshiri and Usmanov's support, he can change the culture here.

This feller wont give a toss. He'll just bin anyone he doesn't rate. Thank goodness.

I must say - and I criticised this at the time (and still think it's weird behaviour to this day) - but this is a feller who wouldn't fly back for his old feller's funeral service in the middle of the World Club Championships. He's that single minded over football.

If the lead swingers in Everton's squad believe this is going to be another one they can roll over I think they'll be sorely mistaken. If he has Moshiri and Usmanov's support, he can change the culture here.
However, he still inherits a squad of mainly awful footballers who are hard to get rid of.
Really has his work cut out.
Looking at the squad now and with Richarlison and Rodriguez likely to go, he will do well to hold us around 10th place.

When are Iwobi, gomes, Keane and Davies getting booted out then?

However, he still inherits a squad of mainly awful footballers who are hard to get rid of.
Really has his work cut out.
Looking at the squad now and with Richarlison and Rodriguez likely to go, he will do well to hold us around 10th place.
You dont have to have much to finish mid-table in this league...as he proved at Newcastle. But he has more quality at his disposal than at Newcastle.

We just need an organiser to re-establish our identity as a team that is hard to beat. Opposition teams have to go to Goodison especially requiring blow torches and hammers to penetrate our defensive game and take the points.

We all want football, but - and as the saying goes - you have to fight for the right to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.