Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we were to hold onto all of our players this season and no new signings, I don't think too many Evertonians would freak out at that. It was the default position for David Moyes every year he was here.
Exactly Kev, unfortunately though, Benitez will find it tough to survive with this current squad. I think clearing the decks is an acceptable option for the board, but, with a manager as unpopular as Benitez, the poor performances and mediocre results, which will most probably follow, it will quickly lead to a large percentage of the crowd turning on him.

He is in a difficult enough position already and would need to really over achieve to get the fans on his side. He was a very strange appointment anyway, perhaps the board have brought him in as a potential scapegoat.

Exactly Kev, unfortunately though, Benitez will find it tough to survive with this current squad. I think clearing the decks is an acceptable option for the board, but, with a manager as unpopular as Benitez, the poor performances and mediocre results, which will most probably follow, it will quickly lead to a large percentage of the crowd turning on him.

He is in a difficult enough position already and would need to really over achieve to get the fans on his side. He was a very strange appointment anyway, perhaps the board have brought him in as a potential scapegoat.
I don't think he is THAT unpopular, insofar as I think at least half of the fanbase are prepared to see how he gets on without turning on him (which is as it should be, given he's only just arrived). I'd say he has more blues backing him now than Allardyce had, or Martinez in his last 18 months.

I don't think he is THAT unpopular, insofar as I think at least half of the fanbase are prepared to see how he gets on without turning on him (which is as it should be, given he's only just arrived). I'd say he has more blues backing him now than Allardyce had, or Martinez in his last 18 months.
We’ll see.

I think, from the transfers so far, the board may well have told him that he won’t be getting a big transfer pot and that his brief is to keep the ship steady while they balance the books. If this is the case, it may well get even uglier, even sooner than I thought.
Yeah hopefully not true i see it as him getting them on the cheap to replace the players we have let go in walcott bernard olsen. I still think we will bring atleast two more in a starting rm and rb. With maybe another cm and cf if kean goes

thats what ive been saying all along.

Interesting analysis RV.

I'm really not sure that Benny would have taken on this job , with all the hassle and aggro without being given an assurance that he has decent money to spend.
After all that was the reason for his fall from grace at the barcodes.

I genuinely think that , in his mind at least , he believes that he can create a winning team.

BTW that's more a testament to his ego than his talent.

Interesting analysis RV.

I'm really not sure that Benny would have taken on this job , with all the hassle and aggro without being given an assurance that he has decent money to spend.
After all that was the reason for his fall from grace at the barcodes.

I genuinely think that , in his mind at least , he believes that he can create a winning team.

BTW that's more a testament to his ego than his talent.
I’m afraid you are discounting the fact that he may have accepted that he’s no longer as in demand as he was or with as much leverage as he once had.

both of which I think are substantially true.

His interview underlines he knows the wasters in the club and he's hopefully been behind those let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.