Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm clearly missing something here, and I'm not trying to be pedantic, but if this: "Evertonians and Liverpudlians come from the same families, grew up on the same streets, go to the same schools, drink in the same pubs etc." is what you mean that we can't possibly understand, then I promise you that is an exact description of my life growing up in Alabama with the Alabama v. Auburn rivalry. Word-for-word.
But that’s the point. The things are the same. But the dynamics and the experience is different and unique.

I went on the pitch before an Everton game and asked Gordon West for his autograph. He said get off the effing pitch. Some time before that I stood on Wally Fielding's car running board in Goodison Place and asked for his autograph. He said get off my effing car. It never put me off them though. I do not ask for autographs anymore.

Solid interview. Knows what he's getting himself into.

"Fights for my club"

That's all i want to hear really.
100%.. I thought it was a really respectful and considerate interview without him bigging himself up likes Moyes and others do when they move.. he made made the one promise you called out and that is all we can ask…

if he gives us 100% then he’ll get our support when it’s all said and done. I’ve softened to him cos really what’s the point of wishing him anything other than success.. we’re now in a relationship. Might as well be a good one.

100%.. I thought it was a really respectful and considerate interview without him bigging himself up likes Moyes and others do when they move.. he made made the one promise you called out and that is all we can ask…

if he gives us 100% then he’ll get our support when it’s all said and done. I’ve softened to him cos really what’s the point of wishing him anything other than success.. we’re now in a relationship. Might as well be a good one.
Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.