Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were one point from safety with 9 games to play. This narrative is a myth. He took them down with plenty of opportunities to keep them up. Teams below Newcastle when he joined stayed up.
when you say 'one point from safety' you mean they were in the relegation zone. With only 9 games to go. And if you extrapolate the points he took in those 9 games they would have finished midtable. Unluckily for him Sunderland put together a ridiculous run so what can you do.

when you say 'one point from safety' you mean they were in the relegation zone. With only 9 games to go. And if you extrapolate the points he took in those 9 games they would have finished midtable. Unluckily for him Sunderland put together a ridiculous run so what can you do.
You could say that Sizeable Samuel is a better manager for a start.

Get relegated, apparently

Since about 2013.
so when he took over Newcastle in the relegation zone with nine game to go you thought he should have been going for Europe? And were you wondering why he hadn't won the Champions league in the two years after that when he wasn't given any money?

so when he took over Newcastle in the relegation zone with nine game to go you thought he should have been going for Europe? And were you wondering why he hadn't won the Champions league in the two years after that when he wasn't given any money?

No mate, where did I say I expected either of those things?

No mate, where did I say I expected either of those things?
you said he was a midtable manager cos that's where he'd been since 2013. I was pointing out that it would have been virtually impossible for him to have risen higher than that when he took over at Newcastle, so it was an unfair criticism in view of the success he's had.

you said he was a midtable manager cos that's where he'd been since 2013. I was pointing out that it would have been virtually impossible for him to have risen higher than that when he took over at Newcastle, so it was an unfair criticism in view of the success he's had.
I'm liking the cut of your jib. Not blindly enraged by the fact an ex-red is managing us. Keep up the good fight ;)

I'm amazed the really big clubs weren't in for Benitez after reading that copy and paste from Benitez's blog.

We're so lucky he was available
I have never said that Benitez is the most sought after manager in the world right now, but they would not have been relevant to us either. The latter also does not mean that they are the best managers either.

All I say is that Benitez is a manager who is extremely methodological, and where his teams are usually very well organized. Nor does it mean that he is guaranteed to succeed. There are many factors in football.

The rest is just a brief description of how he likes his teams to play. I also say I'm skeptical, and that means I'm not entirely thrilled with Benitez's appointment. But now he is employed, and for now I choose to let the doubt benefit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.