Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean he did it in Spain didn't he?

So you're suggesting you're not a good manager if you don't win leagues? Very interesting.

With Real Madrid I would say so personally...Winning nothing with them takes some doing. Coming third in a two horse race even more so.

He was good once. He is now managing in China for a reason. His past two appointments have been steps down the ladder, why would we want to be the next step?

They've come a hell of a lot closer than they did when he was there. 9 points off top the season before he joined, 9 points off top the season after he left. The closest he got them was 24 points behind. What a manager.

Might have been the fact they sold Napoli's best player before he got there. He then signed Jorginho, Ghoulam, Mertens, Higuain and Albiol as replacements who were superb for them even beyond his time there.

Might have been the fact they sold Napoli's best player before he got there. He then signed Jorginho, Ghoulam, Mertens, Higuain and Albiol as replacements who were superb for them even beyond his time there.
But cumulatively not as superb as Cavani? Gotcha. Anyway, at least he wouldn't have to worry about his best players being sold here. Oh wait.

The thing is that regardless of if he is still a good manager or not he is not good enough for us to have massive division between the fans and not good enough for us to swallow our pride and dignity and ignore the past to appoint him.

If for some reason it was Klopp in the same position then it would probably be a different conversation.

Benitez in 2019 is not worth the risk or the argument.

I like how you named countries, but then when it came to Spain you wrote Real Madrid, because your narrative didn't work because of Valencia.

How do you expect him to win a title in China when he has only managed 15 games, even if he won every game, he still wouldn't be able to win the title.

How many titles have Napoli won since Rafael left?

GET OFF YOUR KNEES, HES NOT GONNA SHAG YOU MATE

With Real Madrid I would say so personally...Winning nothing with them takes some doing. Coming third in a two horse race even more so.

How was he supposed to win anything with them, when he was sacked halfway through the season. 3rd in the league with a game in hand and top of their champions league group in which he didn't get the chance to finish. For all we know he might have gone on to win the Champions League again,but they wanted Zidane in charge.

Are you deliberately overlooking every detail.

Net but still money spent - most clubs outside of the two mancs and chelsea probably stack up similiar.

Yes they do, our spending over the last 3 windows is on a par with Bournemouth, Villa, Newcastle, West Ham and other nothing special clubs.

Which means we dont spend any more than the rest of the league.

Yes they do, our spending over the last 3 windows is on a par with Bournemouth, Villa, Newcastle, West Ham and other nothing special clubs.

Which means we dont spend any more than the rest of the league.

We obviously do spend more (net spend not massively different) however its like LFC fans claiming they dont spend anything because of net - its a fallacy.

I couldn't careless about that comment tbh. I don't want him because he's the biggest myth in football and no team he inherited was left by him in a better state, he even ruined a couole of them including the recently crowned European Champs at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.