Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t think he is all that couldn’t give a toss if he is a kopite.
Relegated Newcastle first go with 10 games to spare only one point in the drop zone.
Barely made it up on the first go with a championship record spend.
couple of decent finishes with a [Poor language removed] squadmid 40’s points inflated placings due to crap down the bottom.
Bruce is doing a similar job and was a very unpopular appointment with a near expectation of relegation.

sacked at inter for being terrible post treble, won a tin pot in Italy with a Napoli team that was particularly strong. Sacked at real for being crap and won the EL with Chelsea.

done nothing noteworthy for seasons his Newcastle days prove it
I'd be over the moon if we won a few "tin pots" personally but that's just me......

Take away the Liverpool connections for minute and look at it this way.

He hasnt kicked a club since Valencia. Nearly every job he's taken since then he's left a mess behind for the next manager clean up. And totally destroyed LFC's academy, it's only just recovered. Many of them hold that against him.

He's just not what the club needs, appointing him would be short-sighted. We need someone to build something and success will come off the back of that.

But who though mate? Who are the better options out there that we could realistically get?
For starters
1. Gallardo best manager in South America atm
2. Marcelino champs league and fourth with a skint Valencia
3. Kovac treble with Bayern trophy with his previous German team
4 emery 4 EL good enough recent history minus arsenal stint
5. Anoecotti world class manager won it all probably in the Pellegrini box now bit old.

id have Rafael above Moyes, Howe ect easy but

For starters
5. Anoecotti world class manager won it all probably in the Pellegrini box now bit old.

Fair enough, at least you've actually got some alternative targets.

I'm just a bit fed up of people dismissing the likes of Benitez but when challenged to name other options they've got nothing other then dross like Howe and Moyes to say or sentimental shouts like Big Dunc.

For starters

Very good assessment and if we can’t get any of the above then Duncan until we can get someone of that stature if possible.

Even when he was trying his best to beg us for a job last night he still only basically said he would work at Everton because he needs a job and wouldn’t have to move house

Our fans would be poison as soon as form dipped, them lot would sing his name when we played them

Absolutely massive no and I would really question what anyone that said yes actually wanted from this club.

6377D3DB-BD14-44B7-AA67-B44C7B3F7FF4.jpeg

Take away the Liverpool connections for minute and look at it this way.

He hasnt kicked a club since Valencia. Nearly every job he's taken since then he's left a mess behind for the next manager clean up. And totally destroyed LFC's academy, it's only just recovered. Many of them hold that against him.

He's just not what the club needs, appointing him would be short-sighted. We need someone to build something and success will come off the back of that.

Are you making things up.

He completely rejuvenated LFCs academy which was destroyed by Houllier. I'm not getting in to the guys who came through there, but let's just name Sterling and Suso for starters.

How did he leave a mess behind at Madrid, Chelsea and Inter when he wasn't even there for a full season. How did he leave a mess behind at Napoli when he's so revered there and acknowledged for the squad he built there which is still reaping the benefits from. Again how did he leave a mess behind at Newcastle when 3/4s of the squad he signed and transformed the academy.

the same 'Championship team' that Steve Bruce.. STEVE 'bright red granny-face ' BRUCE has winning their last four games and well above us in the league
Nope.. Nice try.. Not quite the same team.. So you're comparing Benitez managerial qualities to Steve Bruce?
Maybe we should try and prise him away then.

I look at the candidates who could be attainable and he looks the best one for me. Although I do understand why some think he's past his best as a manager.

I see some of our more delicate flowers are still banging on about his comment from nearly 13 years ago. I must say I enjoy having a pop at LFC myself so I'm not going to be a hypocrite and get all offended about some stick coming from over there. I hear much worse than 'smallclub' jibes everyday from all the plastic reds at work.

That all said, I don't think the club will consider him because they may feel he could be a divisive figure with supporters so the anti-Benitez brigade can breath easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.