Quiz - name the Everton team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you're imagining that one mate, Everton's only great escapes of the PL era came against Wimbledon and Coventry. I think Chelsea beat Bolton to take them down and keep us up in the year of the Coventry game though.

IIRC that Bolton game was the same season as the Cov escape.

Bolton fans still talk to this day about what they regard as a wrong decision to deny them a goal the night they played us over there early in the season as being decisive.....like if the goal had stood they would have won the game instead of drawing and the three point turnaround would have kept them up :)

no wonder Rooney spewed it, makes me spew now just how gash we were.

one for the 'fume thread' - why is it the minute a CB does 1 step over some berk calls for him to be in MF and worse still some idiot actually does it.

That paragraph, degs....what does it even mean :blush:

City away we got smashed 5-1, Rooney took the corner for our goal can't remember who scored it but he was not even on corners but he grabbed it and whipped it in didn't celebrate just saluted the crowd. Spoke to Sharpe in an Indian after the game he was fuming about the performance and strangely slated Ferguson (not about the game just in general), really doesn't like him!?

It's of no surprise looking back that I got divorced this year. What a depressing and desperate period to be a blue here.

Almost every Saturday I drank heavily.

Was on Sky earlier.

Osman, Hibbert Radzinski, Martyn, er, some others, Man City I think.

Stubbs.

Either way, it was cack.

I remember Nigel martyn he was alright

his back up was Richard wright however; who once memorably hurt himself by falling onto a sign saying 'goal not in use' during a warmup...

I was there and the goal we scored that day is probably the least celebrated Everton goal I've ever seen. On the radio on the way home Moyes said the best thing to come out of the season was the knowledge that he'd never have to work with some of those players again.

IIRC that Bolton game was the same season as the Cov escape.

Bolton fans still talk to this day about what they regard as a wrong decision to deny them a goal the night they played us over there early in the season as being decisive.....like if the goal had stood they would have won the game instead of drawing and the three point turnaround would have kept them up :)

I think I was about 3/4 with a bowl head during the Coventry season mate so gonna have to go with you here

Status
Not open for further replies.