Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First real black mark against Benitez for me this. You play four of those subs in this game - I don't care if it is the useless League Cup, his whole tenure relies on momentum.

Even if he got us to a final he'd have bought a lot more time and patience from fans.

As someone has already put, why managers bin this off when we're jsut a midtable team is daft.

Usually ends up with us drawing or losing the weekend game after anyway im sure.

It's a contender for our worst ever starting eleven, not including obvious reserve team selections or whatever.

It's a shocker.

What happens when you have 7 injuries.

Imagine if Doucoure or Gray played and done their hammie in tonight it would be a disaster going into the next 2 league games.

It's why I said forget the cups this season we sinply dont have enough squad depth/quality to go all the way.

The likes of City and Utd can field a 2nd string good enough to finish top 7 ours would struggle getting out of the Championship.

Can't understand any Everton manager having the arrogance to abandon cups.

Not like we have Europe etc.

Silly.

We are actually going all out for them, the look of abandonment is just to manage the expectation of the fan base for our eventual elimination

This is a game that will rightly end careers. People get found out in games like this. If the likes of Gomes or Gordon or Kenny or Davies can't impose themselves against lower level opposition tonight, there is no track record to suggest they ever will. In that sense, it's an acid test. If you can't play reasonably well in a game like tonight's, then people will draw the right conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.