Quality players to follow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil Fawlty

Player Valuation: £35m
Taken from OS

David Moyes is still trying to bolster his squad.

The Everton boss believes the 3-0 home defeat to Portmouth illustrates the need to bring in more players.

He said: "I am going to try and see if there are still people out there to bring in.

"I think we have been lacking some quality in the first three games."

The manager is also awaiting further news on the progress of Louis Saha's transfer from Manchester United.

"I think Monday we will get the final details," he added. "He's having his medical today (Saturday) and I think we will have the final results on Monday."

Doesnt exactly fill me with confidence. And if we do make this "big" signing, why the hell didnt we make it a while ago?!

if he does sign, hes going to need to play blinder after blinder to turn some of the supports attitudes around.

I personally wouldn't sign for a club whose manager is saying aren't in the right position to win a Premier League game...

Goal.com - Everton - We're Not In The Right Condition - Moyes

He was wrong to say that. He shouldn't have said we're in no position to win a game with two winnable games at Stoke and Hull coming next. They could prove crucial to keeping us out the bottom of the table by mid-October given we then have Liverpool, United, Newcastle and Arsenal soon after.

He's probably let frustration at the board's unwillingness to back him get the better of his judgement. He should keep it professional...even if his employers cant.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't sign for a club whose manager is saying aren't in the right position to win a Premier League game...

Goal.com - Everton - We're Not In The Right Condition - Moyes

He's just bollocking the team because we've been [Poor language removed].

"We are not in condition to win Premier League matches. We have not got players in the right slots and senior players are not playing the way they should be."

He's right though. Look at Lescott. Rock solid in both CB and LB last season. The past 3 games he's looks like a Championship player. Baines as a winger? Jags with Rodwell in the middle? The midfield is [Poor language removed]. Not the right condition to win any matches because we're all over the shop. Yobo has been below par, Neville too (dont start that debate off again), and Osman does well in spells. The only senior player trying to make something happen is Arteta. You mark him out the game, like Pompy did today, what else you got?

"We've got a lot of young players in the side but it's not those players who are letting us down. I don't think we have played well in any game so far, although I thought we probably played better here than we did when we won at West Brom and lost at home to Blackburn. Portsmouth defended well and took their chances. We defended poorly and didn't take our chances."

Moyes' tactics are off too. Playing 4-5-1 that utilises certain players (Pienaar, Cahill, Yak) aint gonna work with those players missing. Going 4-4-2 with 2 defenders in the middle isnt going to work either. Face the fact we havent got a ball winner in the middle of the park as of yet to break up attacks and plan around it, not put square pegs in round holes.

2 weeks off now. New players in. Lets [Poor language removed] do something and get back on track. Never mind boardroom conspiricies, hopefully Moyes can just get back on track on the pitch. If not and Moyes cant shake the alledged boardroom lazyness or backing then leave now and get someone else in before everything goes tits up.

I would rather he came out and said "We are [Poor language removed], we got what we deserved, the players are poor" rather than, "Everything is wonderful, we played well and was unlucky to lose". Hes honest, he doesnt say "I didnt see the incident", he calls a spade a spade and hes clearly saying it too gee up the players.

The man is a wonderful motivater, he makes players perform. I wouldnt read too much into an interview some1 does after being spanked 3-0 @ home, hes hardly gonna have a the world is wonderful attitude is he?

To state the obvious, we are in desperate need of spending hard money on genuine quality. We are in trouble and those that can not see that very fact are only masking the truth. I have had this constant worry all summer that we just dont have the money for new players and with just two days left before the window closes, Moyes and co need to prove me and other doubters wrong. I genuinely hope i have egg on my face come midnight on monday and that Kenwright or whoever is to blame for this current fiasco, stands up and be counted for.

Hey, if we havent signed anyone else by Tuesday im gonna be getting my pitch fork and forming a posse. But for now i think we should "Watch this space". :D

That will be the rope that will hang him, sadly.

Last edited:
I'm not going the derby match if we don't sign another player.

We're a [Poor language removed] joke of the highest order.

Status
Not open for further replies.