Quality of Premier League this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't exist any longer. Likewise, we will take another job if one offer us more money.

I think Stones will move oneday but Ross is an Evertonian so I hope he is different from the others.
While it isn't relevant I have a job I like and I'm very loyal to my employer who treat me respectfully and I have no intention or desire to take another job. Maybe I'm a mug?

Absolutely not. I respect loyalty but only if the boss respects me and doesn't take things for granted.
Maybe if Everton adopted a stated strategy of developing loyalty and respect within its academy and each team dynamic and selection process up to and including the 1st team
It would be a different approach and loyalty and respect expected in return in each contract

Maybe if Everton adopted a stated strategy of developing loyalty and respect within its academy and each team dynamic and selection process up to and including the 1st team
It would be a different approach and loyalty and respect expected in return in each contract

This may help but we have to bearing in mind that only 3/4 players will make it to the first team in one decade.

A poor man city won the league last year and an even worse man utd the year before. Hazard and agurero may well be poached this summer. City, United and the RS have spent a lot on average and underperforming players. The aim is no longer to win the league but get into the champions league. I would be happy for us to sign 1 big player a season and try to keep the best players in our squad together. What happens with lukaku is key to what we do in the next couple of years.

Is anyone on here even bothered that Chelsea have won the league?
Personally if its not going to be us (that,s a laugh in itself) who gives a toss.
Sadly we are way down the pecking order and there is no sign of the end of the tunnel.
Man.Utd. a poor side as you,ll ever see being 4th maybe get 3rd How [Poor language removed] is that .The RS being where they are ..Again How [Poor language removed] is that.
It is going to be a long long time before Our Beloved Club can even get to a level platform with the moneybag clubs who in a false sense laud it over the rest of the league ...

For the amount of money they're spending all clubs in the league look poor in my opinion.

this. you can accept the quality being poor , but not the billions that has been spent by a good handful of clubs. you'd say there's about 10 top european players in the league. they're just handed everything on a plate too young these days. just look at the money being branded about raheem sterling. after what? 1 good season? he's been pretty average this season and at his age being offered those sums is utterly appaling. players can get paid a massive whack for never actually doing anything. would love to know the wages of some backup keepers who don't get a sniff year after year.

liverpool being 5th demonstrates all you need to know about the quality of the league this season. we're 10th and there's not one player in their squad i'd be overly joyed with signing.

it's plummeted massively over the last few years from when it was dominating europe. there's barely a good defender in the league, all the keepers are fairly good barring 3 or 4. harry kane struggled in the championship and all of a sudden has about 20 league goals in just over half a season!

Better quality than last year's I think.

odd isn't it. if we played last season this season, where do you reckon we'd be? we'd probably be 3rd. but chelsea added quality with great summer business and the league was virtually over before a ball was kicked imo. so long as costa wasn't a flop anywya.

Enjoyed it myself, might not always be superb quality on display but find the unpredictability fun with games like Leicester 5 Man Utd 3 or Crystal Palace 3 Liverpool 1 pure popcorn! Would never have predicted Aston Villa's turnaround or S'ton doing so well after having their squad gutted.

Would have been even better if we'd done well this season but at least the lows make the highs feel extra special.

Enjoyed it myself, might not always be superb quality on display but find the unpredictability fun with games like Leicester 5 Man Utd 3 or Crystal Palace 3 Liverpool 1 pure popcorn! Would never have predicted Aston Villa's turnaround or S'ton doing so well after having their squad gutted.

Would have been even better if we'd done well this season but at least the lows make the highs feel extra special.

nobody's doubting the entertainment. they're doubting the quality - it has been rank, fair play.

nobody's doubting the entertainment. they're doubting the quality - it has been rank, fair play.
Ah, misunderstood the question.

Is there a big difference in other leagues? Although I see teams like Real Madrid or Bayern in the CL I don't have TV access to their regular league matches so no idea how well either they or their opposition play over the course of a season.

Ah, misunderstood the question.

Is there a big difference in other leagues? Although I see teams like Real Madrid or Bayern in the CL I don't have TV access to their regular league matches so no idea how well either they or their opposition play over the course of a season.

barcelona have scored 14 in 4 days in 2 games. it prompts people to say how uncompetitve the league is, but being honest they'd probably thump a few prem teams with those scorelines. but the large majority of the world's best players play for real, bayern and barca with a couple of others in various teams.

barcelona have scored 14 in 4 days in 2 games. it prompts people to say how uncompetitve the league is, but being honest they'd probably thump a few prem teams with those scorelines. but the large majority of the world's best players play for real, bayern and barca with a couple of others in various teams.
What is the quality like of the other games, say the equivalent of Swansea vs Crystal Palace?

Status
Not open for further replies.