Quality of Premier League this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Toffee

On and on, over the hill and the craic is good
I think that the PL has been very poor this season
Don't think Chelsea are particularly good but by far the best of a bad lot
Our tactics were all over the place up to March and yet we will be safely marooned in mid table
ManU, RS and ManC all pretty awful
Players throughout the league think they are too big for their clubs and earn a fortune for little or no return, no respect for the supporters or their club.
Poor standard of refereeing and decisions favouring the Sky favourites
Can't continue like this or in ten years there will be club meltdowns
Wonder if NUFC go down under Ashley if they could be in big trouble
What can Everton do to make advances in this PL world?

I like it. It has been entertaining in the main, (except us around new year ffs), competetive, meaning anyone can give anyone a game, and I really dont care if English clubs look mince in the CL.

Would rather we had beaten Kiev though.

Been poor for years.

Who are the players you would pay to watch nowadays ? Hazard and Sanchez? Prior to that it was Bale and Suarez (scraping the barrel already there) - hardly the calibre of Ronaldo etc

What can Everton do about it ? Fook all - they've been as bad as any team on numerous occasions this season. The fact that there are so many worse teams that us has hidden the fact that we have been dross. Ironic considering how much money each of the clubs had at the start of this season.

a kopite pointed that out to me, everyone has been poor this year.

I can echo sentiments already said on it, money is a factor in it as there is less desire to win when the wages are high. do you really need to bust your arse off when you are making 40 grand a week upwards? too many players ddon't think so.

a kopite pointed that out to me, everyone has been poor this year.

I can echo sentiments already said on it, money is a factor in it as there is less desire to win when the wages are high. do you really need to bust your arse off when you are making 40 grand a week upwards? too many players ddon't think so.
That's the problem - even the mediocre, squad fillers are earning mega money.

Rewarded for being average.

I think that the PL has been very poor this season
Don't think Chelsea are particularly good but by far the best of a bad lot
Our tactics were all over the place up to March and yet we will be safely marooned in mid table
ManU, RS and ManC all pretty awful
Players throughout the league think they are too big for their clubs and earn a fortune for little or no return, no respect for the supporters or their club.
Poor standard of refereeing and decisions favouring the Sky favourites
Can't continue like this or in ten years there will be club meltdowns
Wonder if NUFC go down under Ashley if they could be in big trouble
What can Everton do to make advances in this PL world?

People tend to think PL has been poor in particular Everton are doing crap. Everything looked pretty last season I guess.

People tend to think PL has been poor in particular Everton are doing crap. Everything looked pretty last season I guess.
I think standards have been slipping and while individual players and matches have been good overall it's very poor quality
I think that lack of loyalty and wages are the acid eating away the fabric of the quality and competition , for example, someone like Rom signing a contract at the start of the season changes agent and speculation is immediately rife that he will move on immediately to earn more for himself and get a pay day for his agent
Same with Toure and his cake or Sterling wanting to move on, both of whom have been terrible all season
I like players like Stones and Barkley who seem sound and have never , yet, publicly expressed a desire to move on and have played consistently ( maybe not always well by Ross, but I don't really doubt his heart is in it)
Cmon Everton and our players quality and loyalty it's what we all expect and respect

I think standards have been slipping and while individual players and matches have been good overall it's very poor quality
I think that lack of loyalty and wages are the acid eating away the fabric of the quality and competition , for example, someone like Rom signing a contract at the start of the season changes agent and speculation is immediately rife that he will move on immediately to earn more for himself and get a pay day for his agent
Same with Toure and his cake or Sterling wanting to move on, both of whom have been terrible all season
I like players like Stones and Barkley who seem sound and have never , yet, publicly expressed a desire to move on and have played consistently ( maybe not always well by Ross, but I don't really doubt his heart is in it)
Cmon Everton and our players quality and loyalty it's what we all expect and respect

It doesn't exist any longer. Likewise, we will take another job if one offer us more money.

I think Stones will move oneday but Ross is an Evertonian so I hope he is different from the others.

I think the PL has been poor for a few years now, not that i mean because Everton are not owned by Billionaires - look at LFC, prime example - they are heavily backed season after season without trophies to show and they are even falling behind in terms of value.

Standard has been slipping. There are too many teams playing in the Premiership. You can be mediocre and survive. Teams are no longer depending on good players to win matches they are depending on defensive systems to stop them getting beat. The good sides seen't good enough to beat good systems. Cut the league to 18 teams and relegate 4. 4 pts for a win 1 for a draw. Make winning count.

Status
Not open for further replies.