Pubs for Burnley game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackbread

Player Valuation: £1.5m
Hello seeking help from the GOT hivemind. I know countless of these threads been done before but I can't find any with the answers I seek.

Got tickets for the Everton v Burnley league cup game an I am buzzing. First match I been to this season so going to make the long long trek from North Wales.

Got a non Evertonian friend coming up to watch it with me and I was just looking for recommendations for good pubs before and after the match?

Been to plenty of match days in my time but normally I have been driving or with family and have ended up avoiding the pubs. So looking to get sunk into them this time.

Any advice is appreciated

…The Brick, County Rd.

IMG_6732.jpeg

Go the Brick before the game to get lubricated, then the Brick again after the game to celebrate / commiserate with your fellow blues.

Bernie Mays and The Harlech probably 2 best on County, quick to get served and decent ale.

Would avoid town tbh (unless you start there early) and just soak up the atmosphere in the local pubs plenty to choose from, some arent the best and just get by on the match trade, but a decent handful of good pubs still local.

It’s the absolute worst. They’ll happily serve the entire hooligan element before you regardless of what the order should be. As an ex landlord I regard this as a joke pub.
It's an absolute dump, clientele rejected as extras for the Mos Eisley bar from star wars.

Yet people gush about it as if it's a venue of great cultural significance.

Mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.