Pubs for Burnley game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea The Bricks the worst pub on the road tbf, only survives due to the match day trade, will likely be the first to go once the move happens

Vwey
No mate. Most of them weren’t even 20 years old. And no you don’t ignore everyone at the bar for a so called regular. That’s if you want people to come back of course.

Doubt that very much

Well I am a Friday afternoon man and the same 15-20 faces are always in there. It does have good relationships with supporters clubs who are visiting the pit. Rangers fans drank a river of Vodka in there last season 😂.

Until some new places open up closer to the ground then I’m not sure what people will do.
BM too small, will over price. Wok have purchased two places down there opposite ground both tiny.

Buses going to be laid on from county, can't see people going to town when there's about 2 everton pubs and being charged double for a drink

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice!

Looking forward to tomorrow big time and getting stuck into some of the pubs pre match

Well I am a Friday afternoon man and the same 15-20 faces are always in there. It does have good relationships with supporters clubs who are visiting the pit. Rangers fans drank a river of Vodka in there last season 😂.

Until some new places open up closer to the ground then I’m not sure what people will do.
Tailgate parties down the pier head, booze cruises on the river,
A whole new world

Enjoy lad, Winslow, brick, spellow, oak, can outside the ground and a chippy. Here's to Everton winning fingers crossed

I like a quiet couple in the Carnarvon Castle in town after or while the Mrs and Miss BR do retail therapy. Nice selection, uncrowded, suits this 58 year old veteran!!

Then off to the ground - usually the Winslow for a swift couple.

I’ve said this before to people and will always say it. Get to county road, get into a newsagents and buy the coldest cans of beer, if that’s your thing. Walk upto the ground heading towards the Winslow pub. Find yourself a spot on the road next to the pub, place your cans down in a bag on the floor in front of you and stand there and have a few beers. Job done.

You’re outside, taking in the atmosphere with a cold beer in your hand, it’s just the way to do it rather than being cramed into a pub, waiting to be served for ages, and usually getting a horrible plastic cup full of warm ale.

I’ve said this before to people and will always say it. Get to county road, get into a newsagents and buy the coldest cans of beer, if that’s your thing. Walk upto the ground heading towards the Winslow pub. Find yourself a spot on the road next to the pub, place your cans down in a bag on the floor in front of you and stand there and have a few beers. Job done.

You’re outside, taking in the atmosphere with a cold beer in your hand, it’s just the way to do it rather than being cramed into a pub, waiting to be served for ages, and usually getting a horrible plastic cup full of warm ale.

This is the best shout really.

Outside the Spellow is the best spot for this i think, but anywhere on that road is good.

Most of the lads in the brick start off there then head for the Lisbon. Just ask a few of them if they could take you there.

Decent shout for a Saturday game in the summer but I’m not so sure about a midweek one in the winter

The pubs aren’t as busy and it’s fffffffreezing

We go the glebe before the game.

Not as rammed as most places and the quality of ale is better than most.

The taxi club on cherry lane is where i go if i'm on my own. It's decent in there as well.

It all depends on what you're looking for: the Brick attracts a certain clientele. Personally, the Black Horse, Leigh Arms or the Harlech are the places for me.

If you have time, the Ship or the Denbigh and a taxi in are good shouts.
When the new ground opens I can't see me veering far from the Dale Street group of pubs and the Denbigh.

Currently it is the Horse prematch and Denbigh afterwards. I'll miss the Horse but I'm not heading all the way out there juts to keep my routine going.

Status
Not open for further replies.