Pubs, bars, hotels etc around Bramley Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see how many new pubs, bars, hotels etc start popping up around BMD over the next few years.
The area will definitely need them once the stadium is built.
I believe one hotel directly opposite BMD has already been approved

They used to have a festival down at BMD for about 4-5 years called Sound City, and we used to bev in the Bramley Moore, and it's actually a really cracking boozer. They surely can't believe what's happening.

But like @Toast just said, it's walkable from town. Probably 15 minutes... or 2 hours if they use their heads and build a massive run of bars leading up to the stadium, when they get permission for that boardwalk, it'll be fantastic.

Be interesting to see how many new pubs, bars, hotels etc start popping up around BMD over the next few years.
The area will definitely need them once the stadium is built.
I believe one hotel directly opposite BMD has already been approved
A company called Knightsbridge put in plans for a hotel near Sandhills Station but was rejected by LCC is that the one you mean?

They used to have a festival down at BMD for about 4-5 years called Sound City, and we used to bev in the Bramley Moore, and it's actually a really cracking boozer. They surely can't believe what's happening.

But like @Toast just said, it's walkable from town. Probably 15 minutes... or 2 hours if they use their heads and build a massive run of bars leading up to the stadium, when they get permission for that boardwalk, it'll be fantastic.

Just like Scotty Road used to be.

The 10 streets will benefit massively from this and you’ll see a load of independents popping up, similar to the Cains brewery

The titanic hotel has a wonderful rum bar down stairs and the old tobacco warehouse facing this has been earmarked for a wealth of apartments, markets and bars.

This place will take off down there. If you owned land or a building you’re massively in the money

I'm sure there will be plenty of bars and pubs built over time but the first years at the BMD will be a bit like the new frontier. I think a few will be ready in time for the opening of BMD but I think EFC will want as many fans spending as much as possible inside the stadium and its compound. If they have done their homework correctly, getting a decent pint, at a decent price, in a decent setting quickly should be the order of the day. Much is talked about executive boxes and restaurants etc but I think the real extra money to be earned is from the ordinary fan getting to the ground a couple of hours before the kick off rather than in time to hear the last strains of Johnny Todd. Hopefully, BMD will become a location in its own right. No reason why people couldn't make a night of it any night, even when no events are on. It will have to earn its keep and pay for itself as soon as possible.

On another note, the walk from town to BMD is far longer than some people are thinking. It's a good 30 minutes, probably longer. BMD is as far out from the city centre as is The Rotunda at the end of Scotland Road. I think if people are going for a pint in town, it will be a Soccerbus or taxi to BMD for most on the wet weather days and hopefully there will be a few news watering holes en route to break the journey up for when a walk form town is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.