Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the point doing it then?

I agree will have to write that season off. Why can’t it happen? Awaits the classic kopite comparssion

Because there's no point doing it now. We're safe (99.8% safe anyway) so may as well let Allardyce lumber on while we do work in the background getting the right man in and taking time to get it right.

Meanwhile, protesting visibly at the ground with banners and so on (yes, going full-on Kopite but, to be blunt, there is a time and place for that) just increases the chance of a panic button being pressed and bringing in yet another dud as a manager. We have to have 'confidence' that the board aren't utterly inept to the point of not having a functional brain between them and know Allardyce needs to be gone by July, so let's spin out the charade until then.

Vote with your wallet if you want - don't go the game. That's the biggest message you can send to a business anyway - not being a customer anymore.

I've got a plane flying over at the next home game and hopefully that'll help get the message across to the board that we demand change.

The message reads "Marry me Suzanne" so there's a certain amount of reading between the lines to be done but I think they'll get it.

You better hope Suzanne isnt codename for Allardyce otherwise you will be in a bit of a mess...

Exactly this. Koeman had to go - of that there is no doubt - but Unsworth would have been fine as an interim to the end of the season.

To be fair, at the point that Allardyce was appointed (after the Southampton game), it did appear that there was a genuine possibility we could go down - it looked like the players simply weren't playing for Unsworth

Given we've taken hammerings under 3 different managers this season, I think there's a reasonable argument to suggest that the manager isn't the whole problem, with the benefit of a little bit of hindsight now

I’d be made up if he went today - but he’s not so stick with the awful football ( even tho I’m not going till he’s gone ) then when we’re safe sack him. If he’s still here nxt season then protest by not going.

No point in any of this at the moment

Allardyce was brought in to stop us going down - at the point he came in, it looked very much like that was a possibility

We need probably another three wins to guarantee this and then he will have fulfilled his purpose

I don't want him here past the summer, if he's managing us by the time we play our first game next season, I'll get the first banner sorted
When Allardyce came in we were 5 points clear of the drop zone. 12 games, £50m, and a couple of key players back from injury later, the gap is 7 points.

He's not fulfilled any promises, he's done the absolute bare minimum that anybody could reasonably have expected. I'm not exaggerating when I say that had we lost to Leicester rather than won (and let's remember that they hit the woodwork three times and had a shot cleared off the line), I would fully be expecting him to get sacked for actually taking us closer to the drop.

As it is, I think we can muddle through to the end of the season and hope that the powers that be have an actual plan for taking this club forward both on and off the pitch.

You better hope Suzanne isnt codename for Allardyce otherwise you will be in a bit of a mess...

AyJzPmG.gif

I'd like something directed just at Steve Walsh. A few managers now in the firing line while this c(h)ancer living it up eating risotto in Milan.

When Allardyce came in we were 5 points clear of the drop zone. 12 games, £50m, and a couple of key players back from injury later, the gap is 7 points.

He's not fulfilled any promises, he's done the absolute bare minimum that anybody could reasonably have expected. I'm not exaggerating when I say that had we lost to Leicester rather than won (and let's remember that they hit the woodwork three times and had a shot cleared off the line), I would fully be expecting him to get sacked for actually taking us closer to the drop.

As it is, I think we can muddle through to the end of the season and hope that the powers that be have an actual plan for taking this club forward both on and off the pitch.

Coleman, for one game. Which we won to be fair.

Am I missing other key players? Actually do we have other key players?

I’d be made up if he went today - but he’s not so stick with the awful football ( even tho I’m not going till he’s gone ) then when we’re safe sack him. If he’s still here nxt season then protest by not going.

This doesn't make that much sense.

If he is still here by next season then he will have turned it around between now and then so why "protest" at that?

If he carries on the way he has been recently he wont be here. So its win/win.

Coleman, for one game. Which we won to be fair.

Am I missing other key players? Actually do we have other key players?
Bolasie is certainly not my favourite player, but I don't think there's any doubt that Koeman would have used him as a key player, and Allardyce wasted no time in getting him back in. It might only have been one game but would we have won against Leicester without Coleman? And could we have won one of the games we didn't earlier in the season had Coleman played in that game instead? McCarthy is, again, not one of my personal favourites, but he was able to play 4 games under Allardyce having been unavailable to Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.