Press Conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOME OF THE SILVA PRE MATCH WEST HAM P/C

Delph a doubt to face West Ham
Marco Silva says Fabian Delph remains a "doubt" for the game. "Let's see how he reacts. He is getting better. We will make a decision tomorrow"

Tosun ruled out
Cenk Tosun out with groin injury picked up with Turkey.

Silva on the pressure
Silva on feeling under pressure: "About the owners, I speak with the owner many, many times.
Three weeks ago I was with him, two weeks ago I was with him."
All the matches must be ‘must-win’ matches. I have full confidence in our players in our stadium.
We are not in the best moment. It is a must-win game.

Pressure for us as professionals has to be a privilege because it is doing what we love.
It is never a problem for me. It means we’re at a club with big ambition.
Our last results haven’t been good enough, we have to react.

Silva on Michael Keane
Silva: "He [Keane] came back happy because the national team won the second game. Of course he'd have preferred to play both."

Silva on racism in football
"First I have to tell you it's great to see the maturity they [England] showed. They went to play for the national team and they did in the right way, even if the environment was tough for them. It was a pleasure to see."

Silva on Mood in Squad
"We are together in this situation. One month ago, before the first international break, we were in sixth position and in a good moment. I am the first one to take responsibility but it is good to see the players take it as well."

Silva on West Ham
"Their away form is really good, we know what we expect. It's up to us to perform better than the last games to achieve a good result. It will be a game for us to express ourselves on the pitch."

Silva on Tom Davies' role
Davies as a No. 6: "It's always a possibility, if it happens it's not the first time with me.
Tom has played with Andre, Gana and Morgan last season - he's able to play in both positions [in midfield]."

Silva on Walcott
Last week we had a friendly game at Finch Farm. He (Walcott) played 90 minutes.
He’s in a good condition to play tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.