Press Conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mask refuse to wear them - why? being in horticulture they are mere dust mask , and when I sprayed toxic chemicals under glass the old saying if you can smell it taste it i.e the smell of the insecticide also acts as a filter to let smaller particles trough on to your lungs - H&S act 1974 respirators masks were worn totally more safe - also with a dust mask they are more irritable so you touch your face more exactly against the guidelines given out.....
My late father in law when he started down the pit a young guy worre a dust mask only lasted ten years as his lungs were cancerous for the reasons given he just could not detect the coal dust in mass.because the dust mak hindered him also the coal dust particles were finer that he inhaled, and more dangerous....
so imo does it save you from coronavirus or help I very much doubt it only as a symbol for yourself.... .....

I had to have qualifications PA1 and PA2 in Horticulture to spray or supervise spraying under glass by law all this was confirmed then about dust mask which are useful for only a short period of work ......
As I left the industry pest predators were widespread safer, and I used those.... under glass ....

They are saturated with microorganisms after three minutes' wear. However they do act as a physical barrier against droplet , i.e. Stops a sneeze directed at you.

They are saturated with microorganisms after three minutes' wear. However they do act as a physical barrier against droplet , i.e. Stops a sneeze directed at you.
I beg to differ dust mask are ideal for a 15 minute period - a sneeze, cough can hit you it can be 25 miles in power, and you expect a flimsy mask to protect you ....... also because you have your mask on you take it full on - get out of the way is a better action imo....

I beg to differ dust mask are ideal for a 15 minute period - a sneeze, cough can hit you it can be 25 miles in power, and you expect a flimsy mask to protect you ....... also because you have your mask on you take it full on - get out of the way is a better action imo....
I believe masks are more effective at stopping people spreading the virus than at stopping people contacting it.

I believe masks are more effective at stopping people spreading the virus than at stopping people contacting it.
Great news for @Eggs buying his morning paper of a shop owner who might have the virus then - no it works both ways - look what our they dressed in the hospitals with respiratory rubber masks not chepo dust masks....

Claim: ‘Face masks don’t work’
Wearing a face mask is certainly not an iron-clad guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols, can penetrate masks. However, masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus, and some studies have estimated a roughly fivefold protection versus no barrier alone (although others have found lower levels of effectiveness).

If you are likely to be in close contact with someone infected, a mask cuts the chance of the disease being passed on

Claim: ‘Face masks don’t work’
Wearing a face mask is certainly not an iron-clad guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols, can penetrate masks. However, masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus, and some studies have estimated a roughly fivefold protection versus no barrier alone (although others have found lower levels of effectiveness).

If you are likely to be in close contact with someone infected, a mask cuts the chance of the disease being passed on
Just googled what I already posted by experience in the Horticultural industry for over 30 years.... ....

Status
Not open for further replies.