Predictions for the forthcoming season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7th

Players need to settle in. Do not expect too much (They can gladly prove me wrong)

I am happy that things are moving in the right direction with signings. Give them time.

5th or 6th.

Nothing in the cups.

Silva's only concern is league position. The season after it gets crazy. Does 5th get a CL place when City break their duck?

5th or 6th.

Nothing in the cups.

Silva's only concern is league position. The season after it gets crazy. Does 5th get a CL place when City break their duck?
Not sure, I think it’s possible for a league to have 5 maximum teams in the CL... but you know how much UEFA resent the Prem...

Not sure, I think it’s possible for a league to have 5 maximum teams in the CL... but you know how much UEFA resent the Prem...
If it were the rs or utd in 5th and an English team won the CL, there'd be a way...

Edit: I checked - we'd not get a place. Have to win the CL and finish outside the top 4 to get an extra place. The top 4 get a place in the competition or qualifying rounds.

Really difficult overall to predict anything looking at the teams from 4th downward.

Man U chucking vast amounts around and not selling anyone with huge question marks surrounding OGS.

Chelsea still looking strong but Lampard untested at this level as a manager.

Arsenal a glass cannon. World class attacking options with a brittle defence.

Wolves still lacking depth despite good signings, also have EL to add to their fixtures.

Watford... Burnley mk.ii

Leicester with some great signings, but still have lots of ground to make up from last season.

West Ham, again great signings, but we’ve been here before ;)

As for us, depending on who we bring in, I think we are more than good enough for 7th, providing we can improve our consistency.
Though I think a push on top 6 is dependant on one or more of them slipping up big time.

Should be an interesting season!

I reckon that United, Chelsea and Arsenal are going to be vulnerable, but I'm expecting Leicester, Wolves and West Ham to be in the mix right behind them, too.

I'm still not sure about Keane and Mina as a pairing, but there isn't a lot wrong with this Everton team overall.

I really can’t predict , feel that the first 5 games will set out our stall. Need to get momentum up else will feel like another false dawn very early!

Really difficult overall to predict anything looking at the teams from 4th downward.

Man U chucking vast amounts around and not selling anyone with huge question marks surrounding OGS.

Chelsea still looking strong but Lampard untested at this level as a manager.

Arsenal a glass cannon. World class attacking options with a brittle defence.

Wolves still lacking depth despite good signings, also have EL to add to their fixtures.

Watford... Burnley mk.ii

Leicester with some great signings, but still have lots of ground to make up from last season.

West Ham, again great signings, but we’ve been here before ;)

As for us, depending on who we bring in, I think we are more than good enough for 7th, providing we can improve our consistency.
Though I think a push on top 6 is dependant on one or more of them slipping up big time.

Should be an interesting season!

I think they will be very good this year.

Tielemans, perez Maddison and Vardy will get goals and they are OK at the back too. Plus 80 mil in their pocket.

Success in the one of the cup competitions please, very bored of seasons ending with this “best of the rest” none sense.

I can't predict the Leagueto be honest because I'm not sure if we have any more players incoming, but our squad as it is can win the League Cup, so Silva needs to play the first team in that as it's the easiest Cup to win

We need a trophy this season. Winning just one will give us a winners mentality and we can then kick on from there. Just get a Cup in the bag and finish in the Top Half (And beat Liverpool at Goodison at the very least) and I'll be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.