pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think there will be home game before the season starts due to the refurbishment of the lounges. They’re probably hoping to be away first game to give the Orrally Men (Fawlty Towers builders) an extra week on the job.
To do a proper job on the lounges they would have to demolish half the ground. Also expect they are grade 1 listed.

I also heard Bremen on August 3rd.

Had a look on here similar to the PL website lists of what the Bundesliga clubs have so far and also some TBC dates.

I went to Bremen for the friendly in 2010 can't say I'd be in a hurry to go back and spend too much time there would probably just be a cheap Ryanair day trip for me.

I also heard Bremen on August 3rd.

Had a look on here similar to the PL website lists of what the Bundesliga clubs have so far and also some TBC dates.

I went to Bremen for the friendly in 2010 can't say I'd be in a hurry to go back and spend too much time there would probably just be a cheap Ryanair day trip for me.
Dont they have ground on the riverside like BMD

Dont they have ground on the riverside like BMD

Yes the stadium is next to the river Weser. I did a boat trip on the River Weser and have to say it's probably the most boring boat trip I've ever been on. No architecture or anything interesting just industrial areas including a Kellogs factory and a Becks Brewery.

The airport is very close to the centre just a short tram ride away.

I know pre season is more of a commercial exercise these days but I’ve always thought it would be more useful to play some top championship sides or Celtic in pre season, get as close as possible to replicating premier league games. Pumping a load of lower end SPL teams, some Austrian plumbers, then getting our arses handed to us by a top Spanish team doesn’t really offer us any clue what level we’re at going into the season.

I know pre season is more of a commercial exercise these days but I’ve always thought it would be more useful to play some top championship sides or Celtic in pre season, get as close as possible to replicating premier league games. Pumping a load of lower end SPL teams, some Austrian plumbers, then getting our arses handed to us by a top Spanish team doesn’t really offer us any clue what level we’re at going into the season.
Nothing really gets you ready for the season in that way though. From a footballing perspective pre-season games are just a chance to try out tactics and formations, get the players used to eachother and blow away any cobwebs. There will never be the same intensity in a friendly as there is in a competitive game, so the opposition really isn't that important.

Personally I think the usual mix of a couple of lower league teams (who try hard because they're playing against famous players and so give you a workout) and one or 2 mid tier European teams who try and hog the ball and make you work for it is a pretty good way of doing it.

Yes the stadium is next to the river Weser. I did a boat trip on the River Weser and have to say it's probably the most boring boat trip I've ever been on. No architecture or anything interesting just industrial areas including a Kellogs factory and a Becks Brewery.

The airport is very close to the centre just a short tram ride away.
Becks it is then.

Only stansted airport in UK that flies to Bremen,suppose most will fly and stay in Hamburg and travel to Bremen on the day

Status
Not open for further replies.