Pre-season fixtures

because the PL is massive in America and they're desperate to throw money at getting any sides over.

You'll probably find the latter will still go; but the club are going to go where the money takes us.
this cannot be stressed enough. It is indicative of just how badly managed we have been. If we had done games in Los Angeles and San Francisco, two cities where Landon Donovan had previously played, while he was with us, it would have been a tremendous opportunity to improve our commercial revenue.

I know his loan didn't extend that long, but I am sure something could have been worked out.

same with Tim Howard and new york/Boston.

few of you would have minded a holiday in any of those cities either.

He did like to have them running up and down the dunes till they threw up!
Just had quick look on the interweb to see if I could find anything about Lee's pre-season training. I found this Gordon Lee interview ...and what might have been !

"I remember at Everton I was looking for a second striker to play with Bob Latchford, and I went to watch Chester Reserves and a young boy called Ian Rush playing as an attacking midfielder.

"The next night, I was at Dumbarton and saw a raw striker called Graeme Sharpe. I went back to the chairman and told him that, paired together, they could be one of the most exciting partnerships in English football.

"Chester wanted £300,000 for Rush, so I signed Graeme for £80,000 because the board said I couldn't have them both.

Hope there is something decent at Goodison as feel like a pre season will be the only chance for some of us to get therefor a match one last time 😪

Just had quick look on the interweb to see if I could find anything about Lee's pre-season training. I found this Gordon Lee interview ...and what might have been !

"I remember at Everton I was looking for a second striker to play with Bob Latchford, and I went to watch Chester Reserves and a young boy called Ian Rush playing as an attacking midfielder.

"The next night, I was at Dumbarton and saw a raw striker called Graeme Sharpe. I went back to the chairman and told him that, paired together, they could be one of the most exciting partnerships in English football.

"Chester wanted £300,000 for Rush, so I signed Graeme for £80,000 because the board said I couldn't have them both.
Wow! That’s one hell of a sliding doors moment. Never heard about that, can you just imagine if that came off?

Rumour is that due to the 'Special relationship' between the two clubs over the years, there is to be a friendly arranged between Rangers and Everton either to mark the last season at Goodison or the first season at Bramley-Moore Dock!
You up for it?
Hope not. They can't behave. Trash the city and leave.

We have three games in America against Newcastle, West Ham, and Wolves in Jacksonville, Connecticut, and Tampa Bay.
That's a decent line up. Who are on the main stage?

Seriously though, a nice work out against the sorts of teams we need to be competing with. All 4 clubs should come in well prepared if that's their level of preseason games.