Pre-season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine England being 3 nil down, yet they are still playing phenomenal, or they lose in injury time to a dodgy decision, but he still says they won because it was a bad decision so shouldn't count. I would prefer to listen to Andy Townsend or Michael Owen than Roberto.

Or, just maybe...

-Tranmere
-Man City (as per Stones sale agreement)
-Leeds
-fly all the way to America to play Colorado Rapids (as per Howard sale agreement)
-Bayern Munich ( as per Lukaku sale agreement)

Should also play a couple of these matches on consecutive days again. That will really help our top players achieve match fitness by the start of the season!

This summer CANNOT be a shambles like the previous 2... preseason should be getting thought about now if not sooner to make sure we are properly prepared.

Hopefully fitness is a little higher on the agenda this summer, every player says its more about the ball work which is great - but half of the players look gassed at 70 mins, a little more balance would be great this summer please.

Fully expect now that we are hopefully going to expand our commercial side of the club to be somewhere in the far east for 2/3 games. Let's face it if that's where the money is that's where we'll go. I would prefer something that allows for us to be as fit as possible for the start of the season but we can't moan too much considering we want moshiri to do his utmost to improve the commercial side of the club. We will though if RM is still in charge play 2 lower league sides right before the season starts cos I don't see any testimonials on the horizon to invite top opposition to.

like when we played real, juve and valencia a couple of years ago?
If I recall this correctly, we should have played in the "3rd place" match but the tournament organizers took a steamer on us by changing the format, leaving us in "5th place" match. Think we were pretty vocal about our displeasure and that likely has contributed to us not being invited back. Not the fact that we're a mid table team.

östersunds FK are playing a friendly against our non-internationals this Wednesday. Wish we could see it

Wish they played these games at Goodison and set the entry at like £3 and free for STH's.

I get it's about fitness, but I'd quite like to go and see how some of our non-starters are doing at present, and it's a game of footy.

Also, we play Man United for Rooney's testimonial don't we?

Can't remember if it was ever announced, but all the papers went with it.

If I recall this correctly, we should have played in the "3rd place" match but the tournament organizers took a steamer on us by changing the format, leaving us in "5th place" match. Think we were pretty vocal about our displeasure and that likely has contributed to us not being invited back. Not the fact that we're a mid table team.

That whole tournament is a thin excuse to put loads of money in Charlie Stillitano's pocket. Even though I live here I'd be fine if Everton never played in it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.