Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im all for that - but I have reservations how effective its going to be as by nature we are a social species and like to be amongst one another - look at PSG fans yesterday all stood outside the stadium they may aswell have been let in the ground.
and its that kind of behaviour that will get games stopped, and we know which club's fans would ignore any direction to stay away to create, an, err you know, a 'special' kind of atmusfeer lad, that will need to be policed, and the police will say they are too stretched to police it, ergo, a couple fo games will be played behind closed doors then the whole caboodle will close

Im all for that - but I have reservations how effective its going to be as by nature we are a social species and like to be amongst one another - look at PSG fans yesterday all stood outside the stadium they may aswell have been let in the ground.
That's why playing behind closed doors won't work. Also the fact that a lot of league 1 & 2 clubs will go bust without gate receipts.

Postpone until May. Then open the gates and get everyone mingling so this peaks in the summer.

Finish season in July, cancel Euros until 2021. Start next season September and catch up not having to play Nations League qualifiers.

It is not a surprise that old people die. Would these have died from other causes? Was coronavirus the only or main cause of death? Were they on death's door and the virus pushed them through? Were they smokers, diabetic, asthmatics? I do not trust our government or their minions an inch. Just watched a video where the speaker, a health professional, said to drink lemon and hot water as the best protection. He also stated that most people who get it will feel a bit sick and that's it.
Put it this way
If they did not get the virus they would have had a much better chance of blowing out the candles on their next birthday cake

What I find very concerning or maybe just pure stupidity, if you look on RAWK they are actually saying, planning and organising to go to Anfield anyway for the Palace game and create an atmosphere outside the ground so the players can still hear them. Are they all absolutely stupid ?

Its not about being selfish its the wider issue of how a total shutdown would have on the economy - its all well and good trying to slow the Coronavirus but if it leads to mass job and business losses, thousands more homeless on the streets and a economic downturn the future may be bleak regardless.

There are a lot of factors at play here which is why the Government will take their time making these kinds of decisions - but Joel, 21 from Oxfordshire who's only tragedy in life was his Ipad breaking 2 years ago doesn't like that and will scream and shout on social media now Boris is useless and is killing people.

Its not that simple was my point.
This virus will cause a recession either way as sure as night follows day
We are not going to beat this virus and the majority of people will probably get it
We are not talking a total lockdown here
Italy had to go drastic because they acted too late
Taiwan is a perfect example of how to slow this down
As islands Ireland and Britain have an advantage over the rest of Europe
We can’t stop it but if we slow it down so the Medical services can cope and unlike in Italy where doctors are making choices over who lives and who dies

Sigh.

Social media really has brought out the worst in folk - if your elderly relatives catch anything or even fall over their is massive risks - I lost my gran who fell over in her garden and suffered complications from it where anyone of normal age just gets a few cuts and grazes.

Yes we need to be careful but there has to be a proper debate on how this thing is tackled - not just SHUT DER LEEEGE DOWN TO STOP LFC WINNING IT which seems to be the main worry for folk.

You not catching it on the bus or crowded train to work?

The elderly not at risk from care home / medical staff who may be infected?

How you ever going to not be in close proximity to someone or something that someone has touched?

How do you prevent something airborne that has been found to potentially travel in air conditioning systems from spreading?

Or the tons of people still flying in and out from all over the world?

Close the schools? Great who minds the kids of people working and of doctors/nurses who need to be in the hospitals and GP practices?

Simply put this thing is going to go through the population regardless of what measures are in place - the only hope is a vaccine is found fast.
it's not about stopping it or preventing it though which you correctly point out is not going to happen, it is about slowing it down to give hospitals and other infastructure a chance to deal with it.

China had to build 7 new hospitals within 10 days to deal with the amount of sufferers that presented in a very small timeframe. UK is not able to do that, so if there are measures available which reduce the likelihood of thousands of people presenting with symptoms all at once, and can hopefully spread thise cases out over 6 months rather than 6 days, it is simple good governance to implement them.

The alternative is wait until it has got a foothold, killed dozens or hundreds of people, then react afterwards.

Hold on 3500 Atletico fans flew in from an infected Madrid, went on the town, then to the game and then on the town again before going to Speke to fly back.

Have I missed anything?

PS I had my out patients appt for 24 th March to check my hip replant cancelled and put off for 6 weeks!!!

What I find very concerning or maybe just pure stupidity, if you look on RAWK they are actually saying, planning and organising to go to Anfield anyway for the Palace game and create an atmosphere outside the ground so the players can still hear them. Are they all absolutely stupid ?
I think the fact you mentioned RAWK should automatically mean your last word is taken as a given

Hold on 3500 Atletico fans flew in from an infected Madrid, went on the town, then to the game and then on the town again before going to Speke to fly back.

Have I missed anything?

PS I had my out patients appt for 24 th March to check my hip replant cancelled and put off for 6 weeks!!!
They all washed their hand 4 times
It’ll be grand according to Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.