Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
People cryarsing over football being played behind close doors or cancelled need to get a grip.

A few months of not watching football or ensuring elderly or sick friends or relatives don’t die, I know which one I’d rather do.
Football and other such events should be WAY down on people’s list of concerns and should be one of the first things to get stopped.
People will still need to use public transport and other public places, but nobody NEEDS to go and watch a football match.

Its a serious debate - how long would you propose the country being on lockdown for?

Weeks?
Months?
Years?

At present there is mass hysteria with a lack of actual debate on the topic.
I think there are ways we can do this without total lockdown. I don't think people losing leisure activities to reduce the number of deaths of the vulnerable in our society is a huge sacrifice.

I get the economic side (Italy are doing something about mortgage payments etc) and people will lose jobs. But if my girlfriend with asthma (mild thankfully) or my parents die I won't take much comfort from Boris gleefully proclaiming the economy has survived and claiming victory to be honest..

Couldn’t care less about football right now and nor should anyone. Hope one of your elderly relatives doesn’t get this. Or maybe if they do you’ll wise up.

Sigh.

Social media really has brought out the worst in folk - if your elderly relatives catch anything or even fall over their is massive risks - I lost my gran who fell over in her garden and suffered complications from it where anyone of normal age just gets a few cuts and grazes.

Yes we need to be careful but there has to be a proper debate on how this thing is tackled - not just SHUT DER LEEEGE DOWN TO STOP LFC WINNING IT which seems to be the main worry for folk.

You not catching it on the bus or crowded train to work?

The elderly not at risk from care home / medical staff who may be infected?

How you ever going to not be in close proximity to someone or something that someone has touched?

How do you prevent something airborne that has been found to potentially travel in air conditioning systems from spreading?

Or the tons of people still flying in and out from all over the world?

Close the schools? Great who minds the kids of people working and of doctors/nurses who need to be in the hospitals and GP practices?

Simply put this thing is going to go through the population regardless of what measures are in place - the only hope is a vaccine is found fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.