Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not just like flu
For the flu you can get a vaccine
This will hit the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions hard
It will make no difference how often they wash their hands
America has just banned the vast majority of flights from Europe
Finally Trump is taking it seriously

Hes not though is he. Hes doing his best to paint it as USA vs the rest of the world and still not providing enough testing kits or support for uninsured people to know their rights re: testing and treatment.

I'll just repeat this - it's not the virus that will kill most people who die but the hospitals being overwhelmed. people who would have survived if the right care was in place won't survive if everyone catches it at once. And that includes other conditions like heart attacks, strokes, car accidents etc. If every doctor is focusing on coronavirus and there are no critical care beds, that's the reality we will face. Italy are facing that reality now, along with doctors making choices based on who they think has best chance of survival .

We need some kind of measures to slow that down and right now we have an opportunity to get ahead of the situation having seen what Italy face, but money talks and people are too stupid and selfish to comply. Its like they need it to be a disaster on their own doorstep to take it seriously

Italy has literally shut down the country and its economy. Whilst that may be whats needed its only something that is viable for a short period with resulting in mass job losses, business closures, people not affording their mortgage/rent payments etc. Which is my point that those who think its some easy decision to make havent looked at the long term picture of that this thing

1. May not have a cure or could take years to find

2. May spread regardless of shutdowns

People have slated Johnson but I think our Government are taking a careful approach and not just jumping on the buy 60 bags of bog roll hysteria brigade.

It'd be strange if the league was stopped after Liverpool win it mathematically, but champions league/europa/relegation issues still hadn't been 'mathematically' sorted. dunno how they could square that one.

only solution I can see is declaring season null and void or playing rest of season behind closed doors. If epidemic gets out of control, would players even agree to play at all in those circumstances? Might leave no option but to declare season null and void.
We can but hope

Just like flu, got to run it’s course
Guess the concern is how quickly it spreads and the effects it will cause in a very quick timescale

I guess best we can hope for is we are better prepared than the likes of Italy, who unfortunately were not expecting it to be as bad as it actually is

Just like a Flu? Are you joking?
It is a virus which you may not have any symptom and you still can spread it to other people.
And the most important thing, this virus may destroy your lung forever. It means you cant play football even you recover...

As a Hong Konger, I would suggest to cancel the rest of the match in this season. And please dont trust China and WHO!

Why you getting so angry?

I have a different opinion to you chill out. As bad as it I hazard a guess hundreds if not thousands have this thing not officially recorded but it'll pass because symptoms are mild in the majority of cases.

You cant shutdown a country forever - therefore any government thinking if putting measures in place has to factor in that this thing may not be gone in a month or two's time as some seem to weirdly believe nor can a vaccine just be whipped out of thin air like a cocktail.

More than likely this will be here for a good number of months if not years that may spike in certain times like the cold/flu in winter months- and will therefore pass through the population as the former two - the question is how many job losses & business closures will happen?

Its not as easy a decision to make as some on social media with the "DER SHUT DER PLACE DOWN DER BORIS LAD" shouts.

Angry? Not in the slightest. I'm just baffled by your stupidity .

We have seen tonight with PSG fans gathering in their thousands outside. This will happen at other games too - notably our idiot neighbours. So its not really a solution

Its needs stopping altogether for a month or two
Wrong
It needs cancelling and all records wiped from the history book ( except the one where we appointed Carlo )

What I will say is that I dont get the clamor to see footie shut off - best thing to do after a hard weeks graft is to watch the Blues.

I get the panic over the virus but when 80% of people only suffer mild symptons - meh think we as a free loving country will soon have to get used to a number of draconian measures.

Interesting to see how the middle classes with money on the hip cope with inevitable no travel, meals out or being able to go down the pub or sightseeing

Young lads and lasses not able to go clubbing or concerts/festivals/racing etc.

Bloody Hell

Yeah my old fella is 81,he's insulin dependant diabetic, got a season ticket, he's not going,I'm not myself now as I don't want to run the risk of "infecting" him myself by default,I'd never forgive myself!!,some things are far more important,take care of yourself mate.
On that note I’d like to advise all EFC fans who are considered to be on the at risk groups to take this very seriously and take care and self isolate as far as possible
My mam is 82 and we have her in lockdown
She’s not happy as she is missing mass for lent for the first time in her life but we have not given her much choice
There’s 5 of us 2 in America and we skype her every day
I drop in a couple of times a week with groceries but keep my distance
Overboard maybe but if she lives it’ll be worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.