Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
But by carrying on as normal surely there'll be more cases sooner, meaning the NHS is overwhelmed sooner? Am I missing something? How does the government not restricting movement lead to a delay?

I believe this "take it on the chin" stuff has a more sinister motive - these business as usual messages will have a calming effect on the stock market. I refuse to believe that Boris johnson and his government are acting in the people's interests first

Imagine if the tories could somehow save loads of money on elderly healthcare by killing off a percentage of the population who are costing them money? :bye:

The people on the International Space Station don’t really care, just saying.

Well they should. There needs to be someone to help them to come back.

edit. Oh. The Cancel Games thread I see. Nah, they are not remotely arsed. Probably for another thread really, but what do they actually do all day anyrate?

Imagine if the tories could somehow save loads of money on elderly healthcare by killing off a percentage of the population who are costing them money? :bye:
To keep it simple the roll call should be for those
A. Over 60
B. Those with underlying medical conditions

@Joey66 just say here once

In all seriousness thousands will die from this
Latest conspiracy theory I’ve heard is that the dying off of hundreds of thousands of old and ill people will be welcomed ( obviously not publicly ) by European governments as it allievates the strain on health services and helps diffuse the pension time bomb slightly
Another story I heard is that it won’t be undertakers making money but JCB drivers as we will have to dig mass graves and there will be no autopsies once this virus takes a real hold

The derby game should be cancelled and decided on the toss of a coin. Mind, I have always said that for some years since we failed to compete.

What about if you're 70 odd, living a full independent life and managing your diabetes quite well for example? A very dangerous assumption to assume it only affects those with nothing left to live for.

Also, everyone should go out with some dignity. The way things are in Italy involves people being left to die in hospital corridors because somebody younger has more chance of surviving. Do you want that for a loved one?
As I said that was my.personal preference for myself. I have loved ones with chronic problems and of course I would want the best treatment for them.
I just feel whatever precautions are going to be put in place if you are going to get it you will get it. Hopefully we will fare better than Italy but who knows.
Having been in a job that dealt with difficult situations my main aim was to treat people with dignity and respect.
Wouldn't want to be a doctor in this situation but I'm hoping it won't come to all that

A player over here in the Irish league has tested positive unfortunately. So I think we can probaby now expect a postponement of matches. Id say it's only a matter of time until we see stadiums shut or matches postponed across the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.