Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great minds think alike. Pep G. has just agreed with me that no crowds should mean no games. As a consolation to those who view football on the TV, the BBC could offer endless highlights of Liverpool's greatest moments with a voice over from Carragher. The womens' league game would carry on regardless with full BBC coverage as now at not quite empty grounds, with any fans present at least 20 yards apart.

we are all getting tested from Thursday (@non invasive temperature testing )
If your temp is high you get sent home and cannot return until either the HSE gives you clearance or you temp is back down
Full pay while you are out with no effect on sick pay category

stick a hot water bottle under your shirt

Exactly what Sky want tbh. Non-santinzied football broadcast that they can dominate and the fans play no part in.

I used to love their Monday Night football intors in the 90s where a family of four would rock up to the ground in a Ford Focus, Texas or some other parent pop band blaring away, park right outside the turnstile, waltz straight in grabbed some food and a drink without any queues and then turned up just in time for the kick off. (or maybe a goal, I dunno everyone just cheered as they clenched their fists in joy.)

Have you read this Dr's post ?
Italy's health service in crisis
If /when that happens in the UK our already overstretched NHS will buckle under the strain .

I think it's pretty clear the UK gov are delaying doing what Italy have already done in order to attempt to ease the strain.

NHS is already at breaking point for a multitude of reasons – one of those factors is we're currently still in winter flu season.

I genuinely think once we come out of that then they'll start quarantining. Maybe that's next week or in two weeks' time - but it will happen.

All this 'take it on the chin' stuff - yes it's nonsense, of course it is. But it's just delay tactics. There will need to be more space free in the hospitals and at the moment there just isn't - again for a lot of reasons.

I used to love their Monday Night football intors in the 90s where a family of four would rock up to the ground in a Ford Focus, Texas or some other parent pop band blaring away, park right outside the turnstile, waltz straight in grabbed some food and a drink without any queues and then turned up just in time for the kick off. (or maybe a goal, I dunno everyone just cheered as they clenched their fists in joy.)

That’s what will happen on Walton Breck Road if all the flights got cancelled.

I think it's pretty clear the UK gov are delaying doing what Italy have already done in order to attempt to ease the strain.

NHS is already at breaking point for a multitude of reasons – one of those factors is we're currently still in winter flu season.

I genuinely think once we come out of that then they'll start quarantining. Maybe that's next week or in two weeks' time - but it will happen.

All this 'take it on the chin' stuff - yes it's nonsense, of course it is. But it's just delay tactics. There will need to be more space free in the hospitals and at the moment there just isn't - again for a lot of reasons.
The seasonal flu this winter has not been as severe and has already tailed off.

But by carrying on as normal surely there'll be more cases sooner, meaning the NHS is overwhelmed sooner? Am I missing something? How does the government not restricting movement lead to a delay?

I believe this "take it on the chin" stuff has a more sinister motive - these business as usual messages will have a calming effect on the stock market. I refuse to believe that Boris johnson and his government are acting in the people's interests first

Status
Not open for further replies.