Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to think of the ramifications though if we close it down. (No thoughts either way on this. I have no idea if stopping games helps or not. Dont think anybody really does)
When do we catch up the games? Summer? What about the start of the new season?.
If we end now or in a few weeks when Liverpool are crowned champs, what do we do with relegation and champions league spots with games still to play?What about promotions? And so on. Court cases galore I would think? I dont think this is going away anytime soon.

Surely if you close it all down for say 2 weeks. With the 14 day innicualtion period, we could just be in the same situation in a few weeks. Start everything back up and bang, those that have the infection at that time could infecting others.

It is not an easy answer, and I dont think there is a right answer either way. Short of locking everybody in there house for the next few months across the whole world.

the season will have to be voided. It is going to be the only way and i understand it is in the league rule book if fixtures can’t be completed. How would it be fair if a side get relegated because players get the virus and can’t get their fitness back

If about 80% are going to get it, come what may, are the government just slowing it down with as little disruption as possible? Letting it run it's course in as controlled state as possible? Rather than lockdown everything for two weeks, it flares up again, lockdown, flare.... Rinse and Repeat?

Perhaps that could be the rule, first person to get to their seat gets to watch the match then the four people either side have to leave, as do 8 people in the rows behind and in front and then 6 or so in the next rows and maybe even 4/5 in the rows above and below those.

Job done and the games can continue.

72nt.gif

Or just drop a few swords and axes in the centre circle and say winner gets to watch the game on their own.

But...the economy? Boris says we'll be fine. Why would anyone doubt him eh
I’m absolutely not defending a Tory government here, but I’ve seen a few posts suggesting the economy isn’t important. It really really is. The economy is your pension, your mortgage, your wage. If it all goes wrong it affects everybody. Callous sounding or not, it absolutely does need to be weighed against the lives of some people who may or may not see out the year anyway.

the season will have to be voided. It is going to be the only way and i understand it is in the league rule book if fixtures can’t be completed. How would it be fair if a side get relegated because players get the virus and can’t get their fitness back
It might have to happen. Scrap it and start again. But. Do you cancel CL and Europa next season because technically nobody will have qualified for it? Do you just repeat this years contest? What are the legal ramifications for that. Looking at Leicester in 3rd spot.
Delayed Olympics, new season, delayed euros, world cup qualifiers, nations league. If there is a considerable break. Just when do you finish the games if you decide to finish the season?
Can you imagine you are in 18th place 1 point behind 17th, a few games to go. Surely you cant relegate. Flip it to the top of the table. 4th cl spot wide open, games to play, several teams still in with a chance. Worth 10s of millions of £'s. What do you do? Europa spots, far from settled.
This could get messy if they dont complete. And messy if they do.

It might have to happen. Scrap it and start again. But. Do you cancel CL and Europa next season because technically nobody will have qualified for it? Do you just repeat this years contest? What are the legal ramifications for that. Looking at Leicester in 3rd spot.
Delayed Olympics, new season, delayed euros, world cup qualifiers, nations league. If there is a considerable break. Just when do you finish the games if you decide to finish the season?
Can you imagine you are in 18th place 1 point behind 17th, a few games to go. Surely you cant relegate. Flip it to the top of the table. 4th cl spot wide open, games to play, several teams still in with a chance. Worth 10s of millions of £'s. What do you do? Europa spots, far from settled.
This could get messy if they dont complete. And messy if they do.
They will just have to cancel it and declare the season null and void
This has to be done for the health of the nation

If it means the devils spawn don't win the league that's just an added bonus to cheer us up while we self isolate

I was just getting at the last bit really, school and work are essential, any reason to gather en masse just isn't.

Fairs.

Yeh it's just a shame like because that's what you live for - those events and stuff. It's life.

And like i've said, I rely on stuff like that (sports events and gigs for reviews) for a living. And I don't have the luxury of just 'taking time off'. I work for myself.

Fortunately, the place where I get most my work from - I can work remotely and was last week instructed i had to do so. But that work will dry up if there's no events happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.