Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If about 80% are going to get it, come what may, are the government just slowing it down with as little disruption as possible? Letting it run it's course in as controlled state as possible? Rather than lockdown everything for two weeks, it flares up again, lockdown, flare.... Rinse and Repeat?

They aren't doing much to slow it down though. Cancelling events is the first step to doing that.

It will still spread without a total lockdown but at a slower rate. I don't think the people in charge of decisions like this have ever been to a game or meet without going in a private helicopter and being in a hospitality room where there is space to have a 6 foot clear radius around you.

All gatherings of over 100 people indoors and 500 outdoors have been banned in Ireland all sports postponed for 2 weeks, in all probability this will be extended. I finished work today for the 2 weeks everyone thinks it will end up being at least 5 weeks.

I just don't know both sides. I don't get how they could and I don't get how they don't cancel the season. The next season remifications are huge. What happens with relegation/promotion? What happens with transfers? What happens with Europe? It's just so beyond me to figure out I can't even begin to.

Everton are tonight continuing to prepare for Monday derby as planned but await an update from the Premier League as the outbreak of coronavirus escalates.

The Blues are due to hear from the Premier League in the coming hours to see if they are to follow the other top leagues in Europe, which have either suspended the competition or forced games to be played behind closed doors.

The Blues have received media accreditation requests from around the world and all those intending have been asked to fill in a form, detailing recent travel and asking about potential symptoms, as a precaution.

Or just drop a few swords and axes in the centre circle and say winner gets to watch the game on their own.

I like it but there is an obvious danger to life. Not the supporters, we don't matter - the government have made that clear - but to the players. If you had an array of weapons and Siggy is warming up close to you, you know you are going to chase him with an axe.

Which wouldn't be terrible but look at Sheffield Utd, they have a game in hand on Man U. They win that they are in front of the them in the Champions League. It's just messy.

Eventually sport realyl does have to take a back seat to real life tho.

This is it really. Yeh sucks to be Sheff Utd if it happened but it’s a sad day when a PL league position is more important than an elderly person dying.

Just imagine the scenes if that happens here. I will pull my shirt over my head and windmill around the house for about a week.

If it gets cancelled after they have 'won' it and they give it to them I'm going to slap Pep around the face for losing to a load of gash teams with the players he has to chose from. Could have easily been 7-9 points behind to take it into May.

Status
Not open for further replies.