Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you proposing euthanasia on age grounds as acceptable ??

No im saying if your working age you dont need to panic as chances are you'll be alright - just make sure you are sensible enough to isolate yourself if you have any symptoms and not take any chances especially around the elderly.

At this stage nothing the Govt can do other than lock everyone over 60 away and even then they'll come into contact with doctors, care workers etc who could have it.

Stupid soundbites from Shankley been taken literally it appears.

Men in shorts, kicking a pigs bladder into netting, is not more important than thousands of people losing their lives.

Money is not important either.

What is needed now is better distribution of wealth and food, to stop the starving and overpopulated, living in squalid conditions, eating vermin and causing horrific diseases to materialise. The world is so small now, with jetsetters and wanderlusters travelling to every part of the globe daily.

We, as a species have become obsessed with things that simply do not matter.

Stay safe and well everyone.

So is it up to the FA or something to postpone the games themselves or does it have to come from government, surely if teams start losing key players through self isolation for 14 days then they'd want to call it off

They are the early kick off on Saturday as well.
That can't go ahead surely ?
You would not think so, i mean they stopped the Arsenal vs City game because of Arsenal being in Greece the week before, but so far the Leicester game seems to be going ahead.

The biggest difference there is mortality rate;
COVID-19 = 3 or 4%,
seasonal flu = less than 0.1%.

Yet people will still say "its just the flu"...

Cos there's immunisations and control over seasonal flu. It's a virus that for the most part we can cope with since it wiped out millions in the 1900s

C19 is a new type of strain but still has 80% of people recovering within 48hrs. Problem is it transmits faster as it's new virus to the system which is why there's a panic in locking down and slowing the spread down just like China did.

Vulnerable people would still struggle with either virus more so C19 as it's new.

It's not going away anytime soon but it's also not a humanity killer that the media make it out to be.

More than likely in years to come everyone will get it and will probably be manageable.

So is it up to the FA or something to postpone the games themselves or does it have to come from government, surely if teams start losing key players through self isolation for 14 days then they'd want to call it off

By the sounds of it that's whats gonna happen.

Mane or Salah get it...league will be postponed.
Tom Davies....behind closed doors.

It is pointless keeping the season going. It will just be a matter of days now until a player gets it which will cause a ripple effect with team mates and recent opponents needing to isolated so fixtures being cancelled. The league would be opening themselves up law suites. I also think the players will put their foot down

As much as I would love the season to be shut down permanently, the likely action is a 2-4 week suspension like in other countries... This season will be played out to at least a point where Liverpool will be declared champions...
Can see Euro 2020 being postponed till 2021, and all domestic leagues and Champions league games being completed over this summer...
Premier league will want to play this weekends games in the hope results go Liverpool's way (dodgy decisions galore)...

I have no idea why so many people fail to grasp this concept
My 8 yr old granddaughter rang me because she didn’t believe her MAMMY over why the schools are closing , she thought all old people ( that’s me in her eyes) are going to die
I spent 5 mins explaining about slowing the spread down and she got it
How lads on here cannot is beyond me
Oh my granddaughter thinks I am the font of all knowledge
You can only fool some of the people all of the time!

Yep... The approach to it being, let's keep it at 1 and not wait for the death toll to be suitably high to deserve a reaction....

I wonder with the people who are today fighting for the Premier league to continue, what do they feel is an acceptable number of deaths before they postpone it?..is it worth 5 deaths if it gives Liverpool the time to win it?, is it worth 100 deaths in the UK?

And just think of the money really rich people might not add to their bank accounts, they're the real victims here..
We will see who is right when it's all said and done

As much as I would love the season to be shut down permanently, the likely action is a 2-4 week suspension like in other countries... This season will be played out to at least a point where Liverpool will be declared champions...
Can see Euro 2020 being postponed till 2021, and all domestic leagues and Champions league games being completed over this summer...
Premier league will want to play this weekends games in the hope results go Liverpool's way (dodgy decisions galore)...
Hmmmm, football calendar too congested to postpone surely. Big decisions to be made.....so 'big' teams will win out no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.