Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand how what they're deciding to do - or not do - will smooth out something that's growing exponentially.

Neither do I.

But I honestly don't think banning public events now (given where we're at with it) is going to have much impact.

That's not to say it shouldn't be done. Not at all. It should be. And the leagues/teams need to get a grip and do it themselves if the government won't. But in terms of the general impact of stopping the spread or even slowing it down any decent rate, I'm afraid the horse has well and truly bolted.

If it was going to be done to slow it down, it should have been done weeks ago.

And 1 person has died in ireland!

Yep... The approach to it being, let's keep it at 1 and not wait for the death toll to be suitably high to deserve a reaction....

I wonder with the people who are today fighting for the Premier league to continue, what do they feel is an acceptable number of deaths before they postpone it?..is it worth 5 deaths if it gives Liverpool the time to win it?, is it worth 100 deaths in the UK?

And just think of the money really rich people might not add to their bank accounts, they're the real victims here..

To be honest Johnson is useless but the other 2 the chief medical officer and chief scientific officer do seem to know their stuff. Time will tell if they are right or other countries are right. Not closing schools because most will be looked after by grandparents. All about protecting the elderly. Saying peak will be in about 14 weeks.this all seems about delay so that the NHS is not swamped like in italy. Self isolate as a family for 7 days as it will clear within 5 days. Most will be ok then. For some it will enter a new phase after those 5 days and they should then contact 111 and seek further medical help. Hopefully stop a lot of people swapping the nhs and leave it for elderly people with chronic problems
Time may not tell but a few hundred dead people might

I'm not at all advocating the league continuing. Hell, I reckon it should all be suspended for now, Euros included. And I am literally relying on everything going ahead to make a living this year (I'm a freelance sport reporter and I was banking on June/July being a big chunk of my earnings this year – I've already lost a few shifts because of matches/events getting canned).

From a totally selfish (in the sense that, you know, everyone needs money to live) point of view, the cancelling of all these events has me a lot more worried than the actual virus. But there you go.

It is pointless keeping the season going. It will just be a matter of days now until a player gets it which will cause a ripple effect with team mates and recent opponents needing to isolated so fixtures being cancelled. The league would be opening themselves up law suites. I also think the players will put their foot down

It is pointless keeping the season going. It will just be a matter of days now until a player gets it which will cause a ripple effect with team mates and recent opponents needing to isolated so fixtures being cancelled. The league would be opening themselves up law suites. I also think the players will put their foot down
3 of Leicesters players are in self isolation because of showing symptoms, it seems crazy they are letting this go on tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.