Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don’t boo it for god sake, don’t give them a reason to slam us.

I don’t care for them, but be arsed with negative comments when the club seem to be in a positive space at the moment.

Like somebody said on Twitter, if you don't want to stand for a minutes silence, stay on the concourse. I am 100% against the whole thing, but its all about the optics. The last thing we need to be doing is making the city look bad, even if the people doing the judging are absolute bellwhiffs.

Would this be more effective then booing .
The scots set the trend @davek
images (1).jpeg

I'm going to stay on the concourse until kick off and there is not a single chance I'm applauding on the 70th.

Forcing people to show compassion is something we mock countries like North Korea for.

They can send their secret police after me if they want.

whilst i agree with the sentiment, im not sure why people keep using n.korea as an example of this when the USA is closer to home and just as bad if not worse.

@Blue_Berry
Don't know what's going on with the quotes but you put my name over @Drico 's quote.
So not sure whether your making assumptions about my opinion you are accusing others of doing to you.

Anyways, just on your assumption that I think everyone is contemptuous in my dark and stormy world - I'll add your assumption to the list of things I have contempt for.

If you can't seperate other issues to see the contempt the elite have for 'working class' in this your blind...imo.

So a question - would you have had fears/concerns if the matches went ahead, for what, for who (given the logistics were sorted)
No mate - apologies, I didn't mean to put your name there, my fat fingers probably.

On to your point though. Did I want the footy to stop last weekend, or think it was necessary to do so? No. But I balance that with the feelings of millions upon millions (switch on your tv mate) who wish to pay their respects, and I set it aside.

Using the word contemptuous in this scenario, which you and @Drico have used, and then applying it to 'the elite' - which you seem to classify as anyone - rich, poor, black, white - who wishes to pay their respects to the death of the Queen, and who also come out as de facto racists and murderers btw, in some sort of class war that you've created, is agenda-spawning and victimism at its best... imo.

No mate - apologies, I didn't mean to put your name there, my fat fingers probably.

On to your point though. Did I want the footy to stop last weekend, or think it was necessary to do so? No. But I balance that with the feelings of millions upon millions (switch on your tv mate) who wish to pay their respects, and I set it aside.

Using the word contemptuous in this scenario, which you and @Drico have used, and then applying it to 'the elite' - which you seem to classify as anyone - rich, poor, black, white - who wishes to pay their respects to the death of the Queen, and who also come out as de facto racists and murderers btw, in some sort of class war that you've created, is agenda-spawning and victimism at its best... imo.
If you took a poll of people on Merseyside who want the royal family you'd be hard pressed to get a majority. That means in a football ground where even less would want them people are having their noses rubbed in an institution they have zero regard for.

And you question whether people should be contemptuous?

Are you from the Home Counties by any chance?
Dont be silly, your not being forced to do anything
They are being forced to endure it.

If you took a poll of people on Merseyside who want the royal family you'd be hard pressed to get a majority. That means in a football ground where even less would want them people are having their noses rubbed in an institution they have zero regard for.

And you question whether people should be contemptuous?

Are you from the Home Counties by any chance?

They are being forced to endure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.