Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the scant disregard we have all been shown by the establishment this weekend, booing is the least that is deserved to be honest.

They had their chance to do the right thing, and have a moments silence, but choose to overplay their hand and humiliate people.

They had it easier than that mate. They had the opportunity to tell clubs the games go ahead and to crank up the volume on an anthem and get this palaver out the way. They didn't, and I believe they'll pay for that because it's going to ramp up the tension and those minded to make a disturbance will be well up for it now because they can see rugby, cricket, tennis, horse racing etc etc suffering zero restrictions.

As Goat said above: you reap what you sow.

They had it easier than that mate. They had the opportunity to tell clubs the games go ahead and to crank up the volume on an anthem and get this palaver out the way. They didn't, and I believe they'll pay for that because it's going to ramp up the tension and those minded to make a disturbance will be well up for it now because they can see rugby, cricket, tennis, horse racing etc etc suffering zero restrictions.

As Goat said above: you reap what you sow.
God help us all.

The same crowds thtat burst into irrational celebration when a celebrity Royal goes past as well. It's like Scrodingers upset, where you are upset and happy simultaneously.
Honestly, I'm essentially 'French revolution' level when it comes to dealing with the monarchy but you have to admit that 40, 000 fans leaping around in ecstasy because some millionaire has kicked a leather sphere into some netting is also a completely irrational celebration

I'm sure that seems as mad to people who don't like football

Honestly, I'm essentially 'French revolution' level when it comes to dealing with the monarchy but you have to admit that 40, 000 fans leaping around in ecstasy because some millionaire has kicked a leather sphere into some netting is also a completely irrational celebration

I have a deep distrust of people who dont like football.

I only trust people who have followed football for so long that they've gone full circle and hate it, ie most of us on here
44726293.jpg

But those people arent there on the pretence of mourning someone passing. That's the irrational bit.

I think there's an ethical discussion to be had on that point though: what if the minute's silence were for JImmy Saville?
Can you generate a series of events and circumstances where a minute's silence for Jimmy Saville would come about before I consider how much discussion I'd want on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.