Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute joke
I know it was inevitable but it's obscene for us to all be forced into this artificial mourning for the sake of one old biddy.
Disgusting
How many old ladies died in the back of ambulances last night I wonder. Where's the respect for them.
I'm not a royalist by any stretch but it is you who are the absolute joke here. One is the respected long serving head of many nations including this one where the games are hosted, like it or not. The other are a few games being delayed a while as a mark of respect. Games that are irrelevant because we can already say which of two or three sky brands will win come May. This is a historic moment, millionaires belting a balloon around a patch of grass can wait.

Geesh - football fans are all about virtue signalling when they see "class" gestures from managers, clubs, other fans - yet so many seem to fail to be able to show class themselves.

Anyone who is justifying cancelling games and events at incredibly short notice, because of the death of a 96 year old aristocrat who has lived a life of luxury we can’t even comprehend, with all her loved ones around her, need their head feeling. People have booked time off work, trains, coaches, even planes for events.

Just a reminder, the Premier League were not obligated to postpone games. They made this decision. Bizarre country, feel like I’m living in a cult the last 24 hours.

Absolute joke
I know it was inevitable but it's obscene for us to all be forced into this artificial mourning for the sake of one old biddy.
Disgusting
How many old ladies died in the back of ambulances last night I wonder. Where's the respect for them.
I would have preferred we went ahead with the games but its hardly obscene or disgusting that a few footie matches are postponed. Go out, get some fresh air and chillax instead.

Anyone who is justifying cancelling games and events at incredibly short notice, because of the death of a 96 year old aristocrat who has lived a life of luxury we can’t even comprehend, with all her loved ones around her, need their head feeling. People have booked time off work, trains, coaches, even planes for events.

Just a reminder, the Premier League were not obligated to postpone games. They made this decision. Bizarre country, feel like I’m living in a cult the last 24 hours.

you don’t support liverpool your not in a cult

Absolute joke
Disgusting

No one is forcing anyone to mourn to be fair. I'm going to get out and about and enjoy my weekend, but I'll find other things to fill the time other than football. I don't think it's a clear cut decision for the PL and they couldn't win. Football will be back, and they will fit the game in. It's hardly disgusting in the grand scheme of things that some football matches are postponed.

People are allowed to be sad and mourn and people are allowed to not really care and get on with their lives as normal. But the amount of people I've seen getting angry over the last 24 hours with people who feel differently than them is starting to do my head in

I'm not a royalist by any stretch but it is you who are the absolute joke here. One is the respected long serving head of many nations including this one where the games are hosted, like it or not. The other are a few games being delayed a while as a mark of respect. Games that are irrelevant because we can already say which of two or three sky brands will win come May. This is a historic moment, millionaires belting a balloon around a patch of grass can wait.

Geesh - football fans are all about virtue signalling when they see "class" gestures from managers, clubs, other fans - yet so many seem to fail to be able to show class themselves.
the like it or not part here is important, we dont have a say so why should things we enjoy doing be cancelled cos some unelected head of state croaked it?

Look if it's for the funeral I understand as it's a security and policing issue.
But this 'mark of respect' is pure rubbish.
She's just an old woman, who cannot relate to us peasants in any shape or form. We live in a society where people freeze to death in their homes or starve to death while holding down full time jobs.
Where is the mourning or respect for them?
Call me a joke all you want but I think it's obscene that we are forced into mourning someone who doesn't give to hoots about our wellbeing.
She isn't a real head of state anyway, merely an outdated relic of a time of exploiting the rest of the world. I will not lick the boot.
As for the virtue signalling I hate all of that as well.

We are...

The end of the day mate it's 22 blokes kicking a ball around a field.
Not the end of the world postponing games.

People really to get a life if this has impacted them so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.