Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t this a public relations campaign to garnish empathy and make both the PL and what seems like City look bad?

Why no positive words towards City about the cases then?

Not really, just wouldnt mind being involved in the decision. Spurs were earlier tonight. It shows, er, empathy. Sommet you obviously lacked over this.

As for you wetting your nappy cos we didnt send a card, it cuts both ways pal.

It's a good thing that City don't have more covid results.

It's a good thing that the game was called off. Unfortunate for the fans who had tickets, but it's better that it was called off than risked going ahead.

The Premier League should have consulted Everton, but the decision made would have been the same.

I never said it wasn't a good thing city don't have more covid cases or that the game was called off, and I haven't said I disagreed with the decision - it's how it came about and the timing that I don't understand, and this cryarsing from some city fans takes the biscuit - generally, they are the most classless, crass bunch of arsewipes in the league, aside from murderpool customers (@PaulPowersTash excluded), and for them to have the brass balls to call us crass for asking a few important questions reeks of double standards.

Respectfully curious here.

Why are we assuming the worst of City?

Is that more important than the safety issue and with the fixture congestion + bank holiday how could this have been prevented?

City announced Jesus and Walker on Christmas.

Then it was the weekend/bank holiday/Boxing Day.

Then the Newcastle game which City played on 27 December so clearly either tests that day or the next led to the next array of results that led to the new cases found.

Our fixture together was then the 29th.

Where is the problem to be discovered that would allow for the game to be played?

If there is an outbreak in their pod/bubble the protocol HAS to be isolation for everyone, players/staff so even those we don’t know if are positive or not, they can’t play the game against Everton and risk spreading to other players, and anyone else they encounter.

Why is that not the assumption rather than City are cheating and somehow the PL is either helping or not doing due diligence.

Why not speak to the PL privately about it? Throwing City under the bus based on speculation (if that’s it) seems a bit misguided.

Could it be whoever wrote ad approved that statement was angry for good reason because it was a good time for Everton to play City?

Maybe it was published because - I hate to say this as I want to give your club the benefit of the doubt - but that they knew City are wildly unpopular with certain fans, the writer/approved may have their own feelings about City (Remember, Everton was one of the 9 PL clubs who wanted City banned right away and not delayed - their own attempt to find a competitive advantage) and know calling City “cheaters” can help their claim.

Btw, I wrote this elsewhere but I actually have tried to think through the idea that City may have tried to take advantage of the situation delaying the sharing of results to get the postponement.

It could be true. I can’t say for sure, but even if it MIGHT be true, without real evidence, saying what Everton said in that statement seems pretty odd instead of presenting real evidence FIRST to defend the position and then make the claim.
We do not know at this stage :
A. What threshold the PL have for postponing a match
B. What if anything City told Everton before approaching the PL
C. What facts City put before the PL in seeking a postponement.
D.What if any dialogue the PL had with Everton before making the decision.

In the light of Everton's statement ( which seems to me entirely reasonable ) it would appear that the decision was made without input from Everton and without them being appraised in full of the situation. In those circumstances it is difficult to see how / why any team can remain mute. Incidentally it would be very interesting to know how the virus was allowed to infect the City bubble. Perhaps Mr Walker could shed some light on this , after all he has shown a blatant disregard for the rules previously.
If if transpires that the infection occured because of non compliance by City employees then , as happened to Aberdeen in Scotland , there should be a punishment.

No need to go there.

I’m a City supporter who is not always 100% blindly in support of the club. We are not all alike.

Few if any fans/clubs/entities are really saints in all this and what goes on in globalised football if you ask me, but that’s another conversation.
Which part don’t you think was a fair statement?

The fact I called him a knobhead, or the fact that I think he’s got a cheek calling our club classless when the one he supports is owned and ran by abhorrent regime of human rights violators?

I agree, there is “no need to go there” but it weren’t the Everton fan who talked about being “classy”, fella.

Dry your eyes mate and stop chatting absolute wham - get back to following your oil moneyed shower of rule breaking gobshites and leave us to ask some fair questions of the league and your corrupt club if you don't mind.

Everton were absolutely within their rights to ask the questions they have, and why the decision was made so late, without any consultation to the team holding the event - kinda like the shekels from your Arab overlords paid for the cancellation with the league, no?

Oh look, I see that shitteh have miraculously managed to re-open the covid riddled training ground a mere 48 hours after bleating about a huge covid outbreak?!

More evidence of oil well FC buying the postponement of you ask me - fraudiola running scared of playing us?

Your team is corrupt and a shower of cheats - accept that and move on back to your own teams forums you turd.
You’d love to be bought out by Oil boys if it meant winning just 1 trophy lol

I never said it wasn't a good thing city don't have more covid cases or that the game was called off, and I haven't said I disagreed with the decision - it's how it came about and the timing that I don't understand, and this cryarsing from some city fans takes the biscuit - generally, they are the most classless, crass bunch of arsewipes in the league, aside from murderpool customers (@PaulPowersTash excluded), and for them to have the brass balls to call us crass for asking a few important questions reeks of double standards.

Well it's just tribal nonsense isn't it.

I'm not sure there could have been a difference in terms of timing. The tests took place the day after their Newcastle game and they got the results back the morning after. Because of the nonsense scheduling, it also happened to be the day of our game.

The PL should have involved Everton, and that's on the PL.

All because Everton didn't wish the City players well in a press statement, This is frankly embarrassing stuff to read and you are looking for issues that don't exist.
Don't exist in your mind because you are obviously just as one eyed, crass, and callous as whoever put the statement out. I understand sticking up for your club, but you are displaying all the traits one usually associates with your neighbours. Like two cheeks of the same smacked arse.

Don't exist in your mind because you are obviously just as one eyed, crass, and callous as whoever put the statement out. I understand sticking up for your club, but you are displaying all the traits one usually associates with your neighbours. Like two cheeks of the same smacked arse.
Come on mate your lot had Bernard Manning.

Not really, just wouldnt mind being involved in the decision. Spurs were earlier tonight. It shows, er, empathy. Sommet you obviously lacked over this.

As for you wetting your nappy cos we didnt send a card, it cuts both ways pal.
Ok. I see. Appreciate hearing your side. That’s why I’m here actually.

So the issue, or claim, is that City didn’t share some info with Everton or they were not “involved” in the decision. It was the PL with City.

Just curious. Is it possible, just possible, that a big reason Spurs were, as you are saying (can you show me were you learned this?), consulted more this time was because the PL didn’t do it (as you are suggesting) in the same way with the City-Everton situation?

I understood Mourhino was upset about the last minute decision to postpone their game with Fulham today though so they still didn’t get it right, no?

Well i read yesterday fulham were letting everyone know about their situation and they would possibly not meet the fixture. So i doubt spurs were in full match mode. Or they at least had precautions in measure. Think the whole crux of it comes down to wether anyone believes city contacted the PL at 4pm to say oh we cant make it. I dont think many believe that. And if that is the case why Everton were not part of that.
My argument is that yesterday plenty were protesting that it would never have been called off for an unfavoured team and the points should be forfeited but wouldn't be 'cos it's a Sky6 team.

Fulham may well have handled it better but Spurs were still waiting for confirmation until 3 hours before kickoff. I doubt everything would have been on hold to a much greater extent than Everton who got confirmation 4 hours beforehand after a PL board meeting - difficult to believe there wouldn't have been a whisper to someone at Everton that there was some doubt before this meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.