Match Thread POSTPONED - Aston Villa v Everton (Sunday 17 January 12:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you if they do dodge us after sending the under 9s out against Liverpool. The notion that teams roll over for them and give us their best shot can never ever ever be disputed.

It will all come down to the next round of testing and how many positives Villa get. If you believe reports they got 10-15 last time. So if it’s more like 4-5 the league will likely make them play. Given that they cannot train until Saturday that would be a massive advantage even with our missing players

Didn't we have effectively one training day between matches this season at some stage? If they get back in on saturday they have some time to prep. Given they've two games in hand to try and squeeze in already it seems ridiculous to keep suspending more for anything short of a squad decimated by covid. There's a real possibility they'll have a big Covid outbreak in the near future, save the postponement for that.

edit: just read that the night have a big Covid outbreak so my post might be moot

What happens to Doucoures suspension if Sunday is called off does it go to the next premier league game or the fa cup 4th round?

Hopefully Sunday goes ahead but we'll have to cope with Gomes & Davies

Interesting what system he uses if Richarlison is fit - I hope he goes for the similiar 343 think in the 433 we'll be cut through too easily in midfield with both Allan/Doucs out imo

Pickford

Keane Mina Godfrey

Iwobi Holgate Davies Digne

James Richarlison Bernard

Would be my set up - need someone in the middle who can put his foot in as Grealish/Barkley/Mcginn will waltz through Gomes & Sigurdsson.

Interesting what system he uses if Richarlison is fit - I hope he goes for the similiar 343 think in the 433 we'll be cut through too easily in midfield with both Allan/Doucs out imo

Pickford

Keane Mina Godfrey

Iwobi Holgate Davies Digne

James Richarlison Bernard

Would be my set up - need someone in the middle who can put his foot in as Grealish/Barkley/Mcginn will waltz through Gomes & Sigurdsson.
Yeah I don't think this is a game for Gomes to start, he can sub on though if we need attacking flair because we're down a goal

EDIT: I was just thinking.. if the game goes ahead we will have no idea who has covid at villa and cant play (they recorded 10 cases IIRC) so we should be playing to our strengths rather than trying to mitigate villa. Gomes may very well start because of this

The FA has one set of rules for the Prem and another for the FA Cup. That's not unfair, but it does tend to tacitly admit that clubs' attitude towards the FA Cup as a lesser competition is the right one.

If the fixture is postponed, Villa is going to have to play us during a big fixture crunch, and hopefully we'll be healthier.

Everton will be going for 4 successive away wins for 1st time since 1985-we won 4 away games twice that 1985 calendar year

Everton beat Ipswich 4-3, southampton 3-2 , West brom 3-0, coventry 3-1 last time we did it
earlier in that year we beat southampton 2-1,spurs 2-1, stoke 2-0, sheff wed 1-0

It’s looking more and more likely this will be called off. If it is, I hope it’s done sooner. I’d give the lads a few days off, back on Monday to prepare for the game in the cup and for the Leicester one.

Rest is in short supply this year so we need to take it when we can. In the meantime, Carlo can be working at FF on transfers...

James-Rodriguez2.jpg

Will it happen? What magic will Carlo pull out from his bag of tricks?

Whats our name?

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Godfrey
Doucs - Gomes
Iceland
Hamez - Rico - Iwobi​
Doucs suspended
Coleman rubbish

3/10

Villa a a proper decent team this season, but we should fancy our chances. Our Away form has been absolutely outstanding (touch wood).

Im not putting a team down as I did about 5 for the Wolves game and then Don Carlo fielded 42 defenders and a two creative midfielders as strikers so Ill just say that what ever he does Im happy with even if it looks ridiculous.

2-nil and the Blues go marching on.

Status
Not open for further replies.