Positives of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the guy. Pure gentleman who fell in love with the club. my heart broke when the players stopped playing for him.

Just concerned that he not the best defensive wise and we are a shambles at the back.
We had that 72 point season under Martinez. If Lukaku had his shooting boots on, then we would have beaten Man United in that FA Cup semi final, and have faced a beatable Crystal Palace team in the final that year. So he was unlucky not to win a trophy with us.

Like Moyes i feel we shouldn't be bringing back old managers, but if it is Martinez then so be it. If he's learned from the mistakes from his last time here, then hopefully he'll do a good job for us.

The only positive is, it’s not Benitez.

I always remember when City were coming through, Mancini into Pellegrini, and someone said “It takes 12 months to coach tactics of an old manager out of a player”. I couldn’t unsee Martinez/Moyes comparisons from that.
Martinez season one was a great blend of attacking football, which Martinez craved and the tight, compact nature of Moyes. A dream combination really.

After that 12 months, it was disgraceful. We couldn’t defend, it was sideways, it was anything but enjoyable by the large.

The fans protested, we wanted him out. Players like Tarashaj, Leandro Rodriguez, Besic we’re classed as future world “superstars”; when they’re literally awful footballers.

And who can forget this?

Take off your rose tinted glasses, yes there were good memories, but it unravelled pretty quickly and despite assembling a side of quality talent like Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu… we struggled to two 11th place finishes.

< He will not have the baggage of a team of moyes failures. Only Coleman remains and he will be gone in the summer if Everton have any sense.

< Perfect man for a long building project. He has revolutionized the youth setup of Belgium, putting the foundations in place for continuity.

<Knows what it means to be at the club, actually meaningfully. Did Sam, Koeman, Silva understand that, does Moshiri?

<The negativity around poor signings in the past will be null and void due to having a new DOF.
He will be under a director of football by the summer. This means in theory the quality of defenders we sign will be better.

<The defending Myth would simply go away if you did not have Tramps like Michael Keane in your team.

Martinez will install a philosophy that Everton can stick to. A style of play Everton can stick to. If in 3 years it does not workout. You can get a similar manager who plays similar style. Not being Bipolar moving from one style to another.

I think he can make a much better go at it this time. Any issues around his past can be mitigated by support of the board.

Let Martinez rebuild.

There is a great core of young Players. Patterson, Richarlsion, Calvert, Gordon, Nkounkou, Pickford who a team can be built around. Maybe Doucoure and Mina too. Get some new center backs. New left winger, new Midfielders things will lookup really fast.

Won’t have that Silva didn’t get the club or buy into it. The man aged about 50 years in six months after having the spine of his team ripped out. He wasn’t half arsing or unaware of the pressure of the role.

Doesn’t excuse poor performance but I don’t think it was down to not understand what the club is about.

I like the guy. Pure gentleman who fell in love with the club. my heart broke when the players stopped playing for him.

Just concerned that he not the best defensive wise and we are a shambles at the back.
All true. An absolute gentleman, but can’t coach defence, doesn't coach set pieces, and introduced slow pass out the back crab football. I can’t tell you how much I hate it when Everton do it. Not because I object to passing football, but because we have always been unbelievably hopeless at it.

To the Martinez haters. Read it and weep..

01AFBAF4-0CD8-4333-98F1-2BE70D01A791.jpeg

< He will not have the baggage of a team of moyes failures. Only Coleman remains and he will be gone in the summer if Everton have any sense.

< Perfect man for a long building project. He has revolutionized the youth setup of Belgium, putting the foundations in place for continuity.

<Knows what it means to be at the club, actually meaningfully. Did Sam, Koeman, Silva understand that, does Moshiri?

<The negativity around poor signings in the past will be null and void due to having a new DOF.
He will be under a director of football by the summer. This means in theory the quality of defenders we sign will be better.

<The defending Myth would simply go away if you did not have Tramps like Michael Keane in your team.

Martinez will install a philosophy that Everton can stick to. A style of play Everton can stick to. If in 3 years it does not workout. You can get a similar manager who plays similar style. Not being Bipolar moving from one style to another.

I think he can make a much better go at it this time. Any issues around his past can be mitigated by support of the board.

Let Martinez rebuild.

There is a great core of young Players. Patterson, Richarlsion, Calvert, Gordon, Nkounkou, Pickford who a team can be built around. Maybe Doucoure and Mina too. Get some new center backs. New left winger, new Midfielders things will lookup really fast.
I thought you were from Kyiv? Wasn't you the one telling us Mylolenko is a myth? Now you're suggesting this and suggesting sign a new left winger when our LW has been our best player?

Kopite

Status
Not open for further replies.