Poor performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ct jr.

Player Valuation: £8m
MOYES OUT! KENWRIGHT OUT!

just kidding. We played a lot better today. There was a lot more play on the ground. Hibbert was very strong. I think if he keeps it up he will earn his start. Stubbs was brilliant. Lescott was basically Lescott (incredible). Baines was great as always. Neville and jags though didn't have a great game. looked kind of asleep. pienaar was excellent, he has caught on to the premier league pace and i think he will be a great asset. Arteta = king of the pitch. Faddy was fantastic although he did not score he created the build up for that second goal and was very strong all through out. The Yak was alright, missed a free header pretty average.

lescott scores the header yak missed, what odds on the comparative odds on each scoring moving to favour jo?

when will the bookies have yak at 10/1 and jo at 3/1

extreme odds i know, but its for example purposes.

MOYES OUT! KENWRIGHT OUT!

just kidding. We played a lot better today. There was a lot more play on the ground. Hibbert was very strong. I think if he keeps it up he will earn his start. Stubbs was brilliant. Lescott was basically Lescott (incredible). Baines was great as always. Neville and jags though didn't have a great game. looked kind of asleep. pienaar was excellent, he has caught on to the premier league pace and i think he will be a great asset. Arteta = king of the pitch. Faddy was fantastic although he did not score he created the build up for that second goal and was very strong all through out. The Yak was alright, missed a free header pretty average.

Blueroom, silly boy:p

"We played a lot better today", what? Better than what? It was a poor performance and we were fortunate that the Boro finishing was poor. Both our goals scored from defenders so where was our 20 mill strike force whose job it is to score goals.

Bloody hell we have the RS coming up and then off to Metal Mickey land, both tough games. Do not under rate Metallist!!!!!!! either. Remember we have an away goal to overcome and cannot count on being given a hatful of penalties again, hoping that this time some one might actually score from them.

I agree with Robert. While I am very happy with the win and even happier with the clean sheet. Still I usually evaluate games into one of four catagories. We won, we lost, they won, or they lost.

I think we had a chance to 'get healthy' against a team struggling more than we are. I feel that Boro did more to lose the game than we did to win it. We still gave up too many chances and in general Boro looked to be the more creative team on the pitch. In the end if it kick starts our engine then great.

All that withstanding, this is a team we 'should' beat at home and we 'should' have done it more convincingly by dominating the play. We still seem to play to the level of our competition and it seems everyone has a feeling that they can get a result against us.

boro got a lot of crosses in.

pienaar isnt a defender.

its metalist, then toon away then its something like two weeks to the derby at home, which lands on the twentieth of october.

cahill, gravesen, and a fit yakubu by then should be attainable.

"We played a lot better today", what? Better than what?

Better than hoof balls, no creativity.
We played on the deck most of the time, big improvement.
We manage to create some meaningful layoff and one twos, attacking with more intent and purpose hence creating more clear cut chances.
We manage to keep wing plays to the wingers and wingback and didnt let striker carry the ball and drift to the byline with no purpose.

Having said all these, I'm still concern with two defensive midfield in the middle of the park. Jag having a really really bad game. Yakubu's finishing. The defensive mistake we made every game, and the way boro outplay our midfield for long period of the game.

We will struggle to impose against any team as long as we have two right backs playing in centre midfield.

Opposition know our creativity comes from the wide midfield and will stifle it accordingly.

Hurry up, Cahill and Gravesen.

I agree with Robert. While I am very happy with the win and even happier with the clean sheet. Still I usually evaluate games into one of four catagories. We won, we lost, they won, or they lost.

Agreed I'm afraid. The worst team lost as opposed to the best team winning. But I'll take those 3 points and again hope thats its something we can build on.

Incidentally, when we didn't hoof the ball, we played some great neat passing moves, a pleasure to watch. More of that please, we look a much better side zipping it around than larruping it up to the(frankly, gash) yakubu.

Status
Not open for further replies.