Poll: Your starting 11 v Manchester City

Your starting 11 v Manchester City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gomes is fit, he has to come in.

I'd argue you could play 4-3-3 with Gomes, Davies, Delph in there and a front three of Richarlison, Iwobi and DCL.

But given the love for 4-2-3-1 I went with

------------------Pickford--------------
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Digne
---------Gomes ------Delph---------
Richarlison-----Iwobi-----Bernard
--------------Calvert-Lewin-----------

I think we need pace on the break so for me I'd have Iwobi in there over Gylfi. We aren't gonna have any of the ball anyway.

But, Sigurdsson could come into play because of the reason above. We can sit and counter and he could have the space to work.

I genuinely think - attacking wise - this will suit us far more than playing Sheff Utd. It's just that we'll get absolutely smashed at the back.

We should throw caution to the wind and play with two up top. It won't happen but this is my opinion innit

Pickford
Sidibe Keane Mina Digne
Gomes Delph
Richarlison Bernard
Kean DCL

Mate that team would get abused by City.
We need to attack more. We show all of our opponents too much respect.

The way I see it, no one is stopping City at the moment anyway. City don't have a fantastic record against us at home so they will be approaching this fixture with some apprehension, but also knowing they are better than us at the same time.

We need to attack more. We show all of our opponents too much respect.

The way I see it, no one is stopping City at the moment anyway. City don't have a fantastic record against us at home so they will be approaching this fixture with some apprehension, but also knowing they are better than us at the same time.
Nah mate you need to do it in a disciplined way.That team wouldn't.

Sidibe > Coleman is the most important change to the line up we make. But look, tough decisions have to be made if we want any chance of progressing as a team. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

If Gomes is fit, he has to come in.

I'd argue you could play 4-3-3 with Gomes, Davies, Delph in there and a front three of Richarlison, Iwobi and DCL.

But given the love for 4-2-3-1 I went with

------------------Pickford--------------
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Digne
---------Gomes ------Delph---------
Richarlison-----Iwobi-----Bernard
--------------Calvert-Lewin-----------

I think we need pace on the break so for me I'd have Iwobi in there over Gylfi. We aren't gonna have any of the ball anyway.

But, Sigurdsson could come into play because of the reason above. We can sit and counter and he could have the space to work.

I genuinely think - attacking wise - this will suit us far more than playing Sheff Utd. It's just that we'll get absolutely smashed at the back.

That's the formation I'd play (433) with Gomes, Delph and Davies in the middle and Iwobi, DCL and Richarlison up top. I'd literally tell Davies his job is to go and press, harry, chase anything that moves and ask Delph to be disciplined. When they win the ball back give it to Andre.

I'd keep Holgate and Mina personally and give Sidibe another run out.

Its a free shot Saturday because no one expects us to win but what must happen is that we compete and at the very least give them a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.