6 + 2 Point Deductions

Makes me chuckle the arrogance Boehly and co had to be in football for five minutes and think they’d found this genius amortisation loophole to unlock more spending. As if no one else in football would have thought about the idea and discounted doing it for very obvious reasons.
The whole Chelsea approach, perhaps even with Bates but certainly Abramovich onwards ahs brought the whole game into a state of affairs that has ended up here, its not just on them but a large portion of their spend spend tactic is where I believe this all stems from.

Sadly their "bought" success did work for a while but now the hens coming home to roost and we all face the consequences.

Said before, but the bubble has burst.

Maybe its what it needed?

Hey they ain’t great but Hall is subject to a £28 million obligation to buy ( based it see so either or 1) number of appearances or 2) Newcastles final position.

Mattensen will go for a decent fee to Dortmund and Lukaku almost certainly will be sold this seasons end way below what we paid for him but on a straight line his fee has £40 million left to be amortised but none of us know what if any of the sum impaired refers to him.
Not a chance in hell

And the wages too. Even the fringe lads they want to bump off seem to be on mega money. Who other than Chelsea is willing to pay Chelsea wages for players deemed not even good enough for this Chelsea team?
Very few teams will be able to pay the wages. Especially with the rumours that half the league is struggling to meet PSR requirements.

The whole Chelsea approach, perhaps even with Bates but certainly Abramovich onwards ahs brought the whole game into a state of affairs that has ended up here, its not just on them but a large portion of their spend spend tactic is where I believe this all stems from.

Sadly their "bought" success did work for a while but now the hens coming home to roost and we all face the consequences.

Said before, but the bubble has burst.

Maybe its what it needed?
You just hope they face the consequences of their actions at some point. And don’t forget when they were a sanctioned Russian asset and could quite easily have been seized and dismantled they got out of any real consequences with promises of money going to Ukraine. Not a penny has gone there, while the new guys have come in and spent even more than before. Even if it’s just the relatively small matter of a PSR breach it would just be nice to see SOMETHING catch up to them for once.

Well firstly his name is Maatsen not Mattensen (as a Chelsea fan you should know this) and what sort of a fee do you think you’re getting for him? I don’t think anyone would pay over £20m for him. Same with Lukaku who will be 31 in the summer and you paid £80m or something stupid for him two years ago, a heavy loss incoming on that one.

Its either a case of taking a loss on them, but hoping the loss is small enough, or waiting past the PSR deadline to make the profit you need, same as Forest.
Trouble is the players don't have to go at all, they're under contract. Then its your choice to continue to pay their massive wages and not give them a game or to loan them out to take at least some of their cost off your books.

Did Hall at Newcastle go on loan with an obligation to buy, or have they just agreed recently to buy him. That may make a difference as to where the money for him lies, as it may have already been taken into account with the years calculations.

Well firstly his name is Maatsen not Mattensen (as a Chelsea fan you should know this) and what sort of a fee do you think you’re getting for him? I don’t think anyone would pay over £20m for him. Same with Lukaku who will be 31 in the summer and you paid £80m or something stupid for him two years ago, a heavy loss incoming on that one.
That’s spell check for you.

The suggestion is circa £20 million . Lukaku as I say any fee will be way below £98 million we are said to have paid the straight line book value ( without knowing if any of his residue value impaired ) is around £40 come seasons end . Loss in one sense is inevitable but in accounting terms from what is rumoured their is some loose agreement in place with Roma for around £37 million .

Makes me chuckle the arrogance Boehly and co had to be in football for five minutes and think they’d found this genius amortisation loophole to unlock more spending. As if no one else in football would have thought about the idea and discounted doing it for very obvious reasons.
Contracts in excess of 5 years aren’t unique to Chelsea you would be surprised if you look around just how many there are even in England . As I said before I am far from convinced and yes amortisation is a major factor but I don’t think it’s the only consideration
It is far more common place in Spain clubs like Real in particular sign younger players on long contracts .

Its either a case of taking a loss on them, but hoping the loss is small enough, or waiting past the PSR deadline to make the profit you need, same as Forest.
Trouble is the players don't have to go at all, they're under contract. Then its your choice to continue to pay their massive wages and not give them a game or to loan them out to take at least some of their cost off your books.

Did Hall at Newcastle go on loan with an obligation to buy, or have they just agreed recently to buy him. That may make a difference as to where the money for him lies, as it may have already been taken into account with the years calculations.
For FFP/PSR purposes the transfer is only assumed to have been completed if the conditions around the buy or obligations are clearly met. The two conditions here were the number of performances or Newcastle final position in the league which of course won’t be known for a while.

You are of course right about players not having to go but save the odd exception players in the vast majority of instances will move on once the club decides they want shot. Of course there are examples to prove the opposite players like Bogarde at ours and no doubt every club can point to an example but players want to play

For FFP/PSR purposes the transfer is only assumed to have been completed if the conditions around the buy or obligations are clearly met. The two conditions here were the number of performances or Newcastle final position in the league which of course won’t be known for a while.

You are of course right about players not having to go but save the odd exception players in the vast majority of instances will move on once the club decides they want shot. Of course there are examples to prove the opposite players like Bogarde at ours and no doubt every club can point to an example but players want to play

I'm sure I saw some wording around this and the likelihood of the completion of those targets. I have no idea of the figures or the expected conditions, but if its something like Newcastle to finish in European spaces then considering their trajectory, that is highly likely, so the fee discussed as the obligation is in for the time of the loan agreement.

Also, yes, plenty of examples of players not moving on. What I mean is that you cant force a club to buy your players at the value you set. Your position now makes it a buyers market. They will be fully aware of your position and will want that to benefit them, not you. The player doesnt have to push it to be before the PSR deadline cause they're guaranteed payment regardless. A Club may pay your prices, but only if the player accept smaller wages. They have no reason to do that.

The league has realized that they have made a complete mess with the current rules so my guess is that once the new rules are in place this summer, they will just close all investigations (Chelsea and ManCity that is, they will still punish us and Forest) and say that breaches against the old rules are now null and void.
Surly we'd have a claim against them then...

It won't be difficult for them to achieve that. Gallagher and Broja will probably get close that on their own. Throw in Chalobah or another peripheral squad player and it's easy.
Who's buying them though? The whole market has been terrified into stagnation on the back of our experience.
Don't think any of those you name would go to a Sly 6 club so it's the rest of the league who knows Chelsea have to sell so will drive down the fee.

That’s spell check for you.

The suggestion is circa £20 million . Lukaku as I say any fee will be way below £98 million we are said to have paid the straight line book value ( without knowing if any of his residue value impaired ) is around £40 come seasons end . Loss in one sense is inevitable but in accounting terms from what is rumoured their is some loose agreement in place with Roma for around £37 million .

Contracts in excess of 5 years aren’t unique to Chelsea you would be surprised if you look around just how many there are even in England . As I said before I am far from convinced and yes amortisation is a major factor but I don’t think it’s the only consideration
It is far more common place in Spain clubs like Real in particular sign younger players on long contracts .
Lol at every club's fans now fast track accountants 😂😂😂

Who's buying them though? The whole market has been terrified into stagnation on the back of our experience.
Don't think any of those you name would go to a Sly 6 club so it's the rest of the league who knows Chelsea have to sell so will drive down the fee.
This is spot on, will city, Liverpool or arsenal want any of Chelsea’s players. The only club linked with Gallagher is spurs and levy ain’t paying top dollar and Broja will end up at a wolves or maybe a villa if they’re forced to sell Watkins