6 + 2 Point Deductions

Players want to play in the Premier league though. No incentive to go to Saudi... they're already on massive money at Chelsea.
Not sure they do anymore..... and with the restrictions on spending being tightened this is going to get even worse.

Unless you go to City, Liverpool or even Arsenal there is no real pull to the Premier League anymore.

Sterling even at 29 is way past his sell by date now. Saudi league would be more his style.

Not sure they do anymore..... and with the restrictions on spending being tightened this is going to get even worse.

Unless you go to City, Liverpool or even Arsenal there is no real pull to the Premier League anymore.

Sterling even at 29 is way past his sell by date now. Saudi league would be more his style.
Even if they could sell him, they would only break even if they got £37M for him, and he's already on £325k per week wages.

That is some list of absolute crap you’ve reeled off there, be lucky to get close to £50m for all that.
Hey they ain’t great but Hall is subject to a £28 million obligation to buy ( based it see so either or 1) number of appearances or 2) Newcastles final position.

Mattensen will go for a decent fee to Dortmund and Lukaku almost certainly will be sold this seasons end way below what we paid for him but on a straight line his fee has £40 million left to be amortised but none of us know what if any of the sum impaired refers to him.

Hey they ain’t great but Hall is subject to a £28 million obligation to buy ( based it see so either or 1) number of appearances or 2) Newcastles final position.

Mattensen will go for a decent fee to Dortmund and Lukaku almost certainly will be sold this seasons end way below what we paid for him but on a straight line his fee has £40 million left to be amortised but none of us know what if any of the sum impaired refers to him.

Well firstly his name is Maatsen not Mattensen (as a Chelsea fan you should know this) and what sort of a fee do you think you’re getting for him? I don’t think anyone would pay over £20m for him. Same with Lukaku who will be 31 in the summer and you paid £80m or something stupid for him two years ago, a heavy loss incoming on that one.

Two small issues I see for Chelsea

Who is offering big money for those players?

And why would they offer big money if they know Chelsea have to sell?
And the wages too. Even the fringe lads they want to bump off seem to be on mega money. Who other than Chelsea is willing to pay Chelsea wages for players deemed not even good enough for this Chelsea team?

And the wages too. Even the fringe lads they want to bump off seem to be on mega money. Who other than Chelsea is willing to pay Chelsea wages for players deemed not even good enough for this Chelsea team?
I'm sure it made sense to someone at Chelsea, but this approach of buying up loads of players for big money and putting them on long contract with huge wages really is a recipe for disaster.

I think the whole thing is an absolute joke. Admittedly the old format of the richest clubs being the most successful was questionable. But it had to be better than this.

Its simply now the clubs who were lucky enough to get established before ffp are eternally successful and the rest will just get punished for trying to be. With points deductions left right and centre. I'm starting to lose interest personally, would honestly rather see Everton in the SPL than this garbage.

Another thing to consider is who is supposed to be buying these players? About half of the PL are worried about PSR sanctions. That January window was a complete washout, everyone is terrified of breaching the regulations so no one will spend
Said this yesterday but with amortisation buying is much “cheaper” on the books in a single FY than selling, the whole amount of which goes on right away.

So watch out for deals between clubs that need to sell by June 30. If club A sells a player to club B for 40m, and B sells one to A for the same fee then both sets of books will benefit greatly for the FY for a break even amount of money overall.

Well firstly his name is Maatsen not Mattensen (as a Chelsea fan you should know this) and what sort of a fee do you think you’re getting for him? I don’t think anyone would pay over £20m for him. Same with Lukaku who will be 31 in the summer and you paid £80m or something stupid for him two years ago, a heavy loss incoming on that one.
He supports Chelsea now? I thought it was Villa

I'm sure it made sense to someone at Chelsea, but this approach of buying up loads of players for big money and putting them on long contract with huge wages really is a recipe for disaster.
Makes me chuckle the arrogance Boehly and co had to be in football for five minutes and think they’d found this genius amortisation loophole to unlock more spending. As if no one else in football would have thought about the idea and discounted doing it for very obvious reasons.

It works the other way to though mate, if they are in breach of PL, PSR, for 22/23 then as indicated they could be in breach of EFL PSR for 23/24 as well, like us who inherited our initial breach into a second this financial year.

The way that I see it, as being relevant to us, is if Leicester are found in breach for last season - like us and Forrest, then why are they being treated differently, to us and Forrest by having a sanction imposed on a future season - we are getting two in the same year - one possibly for the same offense as Leicester in the same year, you either have to apply the rule equally or not at all - loop holes and the PL making a mess of the promotion relegation issue, isn’t our problem.

Equity in application may be a valid defence.
Oh they are scrambling to close the loophole. Glossed over pretty quickly yesterday. But that is literally the reason they aren’t in the fast track programme for breaching PL rules. They weren’t a PL member at the point the fast track rules were agreed and put into place, so they aren’t bound by it.. Totally wrong and unfair. Not sure if parachute payments will help ensure they don’t breach EFL rules, but it’s going to cause chaos anyway with EFL teams, particularly if the teams that lose the playoffs are within 6 or so points of Leicester at the end of the season and Leicester go up. They will argue they may have got auto promotion.

Clearly the PL didnt liaise with the EFL at all when drafting the regs, and yet half the PL rulings are based on EFL precedent. The level of incompetence given all the money washing around is astonishing.

Oh they are scrambling to close the loophole. Glossed over pretty quickly yesterday. But that is literally the reason they aren’t in the fast track programme for breaching PL rules. They weren’t a PL member at the point the fast track rules were agreed and put into place, so they aren’t bound by it.. Totally wrong and unfair. Not sure if parachute payments will help ensure they don’t breach EFL rules, but it’s going to cause chaos anyway with EFL teams, particularly if the teams that lose the playoffs are within 6 or so points of Leicester at the end of the season and Leicester go up. They will argue they may have got auto promotion.

Clearly the PL didnt liaise with the EFL at all when drafting the regs, and yet half the PL rulings are based on EFL precedent. The level of incompetence given all the money washing around is astonishing.
The lack of any interoperability is insane given the really obvious possibility this could happen when teams move between leagues. Extra infuriating for us when if the PL had mirrored the EFL on double jeopardy we might not even have a second charge.

The fast tracking “loophole” is one issue but even then you have matters of jurisdiction. For the period up to 22/23 Leicester were in the PL so this should logically be “tried” by a PL IC. But even if they heard it this season like us and Forest do they even have power to dock them points in the EFL? I doubt it.

So even if they had been fast tracked the PL IC could likely only dock them for next season anyway, or hit them with a lesser punishment. In this case the lack of one single rules book works in our favour as it’s obviously no benefit to us if they were docked this season, but it makes it abundantly clear how much you need one single set of rules for both PL and EFL.

The suggestion is that Mattensen ( at Dortmund on loan) Hall at Newcastle with an obligation to buy , Lukaku at Roma and probably Chalobah will be the first to go although timing is not guaranteed to be by 1/7. Of course there is still sums to be amortised in respect of Lukaku but he seems destined to be rid of come seasons end.
I would not be at all surprised to see James sold and in all likelihood Kepa and Sterling will be gone.
Of course the question it isn’t just about what fee they generate but it is as much about overall squad costs

And they'll still finish midtable.