6 + 2 Point Deductions

It is far from a satisfactory outcome for us full stop but it might just be a lifeline out of this horror show.

If they follow precedent of not going above 9 for Administration then Forest would be hit with 6 as a starting point to align with our deduction. However, if as rumoured their breach may be twice ours then I could foresee an 8 point deduction for them. Their trend as well could only be spending increasing exponentially and with no obvious mitigating factors they could well and truly be up the creek.
If say Forest get 6 points off, and we get another 2. I would back us to finish above them. And if we do, we almost certainly survive.

Just listened to Kieran Maguire and his take on the second lot of charges.
He's saying that a big dollop of double jeopardy, a bit more knowledge by the PL on how the first lot played out, and the apparent fact that these charges cover two of the three years we've already been punished for, then a minimal points deduction or suspended sentence the likely outcome.
Where was he saying this at? Would like to check it out.

hopefully the second charge can’t stand for the same mate but it has to be a mountain for forest

Only up to eight by the seem of it. The good news is likely whatever happens Forest will drop by more than we will drop again and as we are ahead of them now it puts us into a good position to survive.

Sticks in the back of the throat that we (twice) and Forest will be the only teams to be given a points deduction under psr before they change the rules to make it harder to breach. Yet other clubs have committed fraud and are yet to be looked at. It's like the police dealing with a pair of shoplifters, trying to throw the book at them, whilst two murderers are on the rampage and there response is don't worry, we'll get to them after we've finished up prosecuting these.

hopefully the second charge can’t stand for the same mate but it has to be a mountain for forest
This is the way I'm looking at it. We're currently 1 point ahead of Forest, no matter what our second charge is Forest's will be far worse. When you look at it really then it doesn't matter if we get 2, 4, 6 or 15, Forest's will likely be the maximum available punishment which will probably be 8 points. Even if we go back to where we were on -10 overall it'd have us on 21 points, but Forest on 16.

Ultimately there's no realistic situation here where things can get "worse" for us in terms of relegation. I strongly believe this is now a case of whether the PL will relegate Forest or Luton, because at the end of the day that's the only thing that'll change at the bottom.

So City are now nailed on to be relegated a couple of divisions then? :hayee:

I don't like the way this, below, is worded. Hopefuly it is just something that could be interpreted in a number of ways but this quote could suggest that that anything over £105m results in a 6 point deduction. That would be grossly unfair if City got the same 6 point deduction as us but for being way above our breach. Same for Forest et al.
The league's rules say that over a three-year cycle, a club must not lose more than £105m. An independent commission determined that "Everton's PSR calculation for the relevant period resulted in a loss of £124.5m"

Who knows what’s been negotiated behind the scenes. ‘Accept this deduction gracefully and the 2nd charge goes away’. I’m sure with the amount of lawyers involved and the time taken that every word in the statements from both sides has been poured over and included for a reason.
Yes, and add this to the wording that we “continue to co-operate” with the PL re the second charge, it does sound like we’re not necessarily headed to a hearing. If we were there would be nothing to cooperate about.

Forest fans are in for a rude awakening. I went on one of their main forums. Most think they will only get 3-4 points max and they have mitigating factors in selling Johnson etc and Everton will definitely receive at least a further 6 points deduction.

Unless the judgement has changed the quantum then the precedent is 6 points just for the breach and the Johnson sale will not be considered as a mitigating factor as the IC essentially don't consider them based on the Everton case.

Forest will have 6 points deducted as an absolute minimum whereas Everton will be given a further 6 points as an absolute maximum.