6 + 2 Point Deductions

The headline is false. Read the article and it’s him saying they may not hear ours or forests appeals until after the season ends.

It’s referring to the second charge as they have already heard our appeal to the first charge:

Lots of journalistic license being used on the article with two big bolded statements suggesting a huge delay but no mention of it in the actual article.

Good for you for reading it, I was just showing how messed up the reporting is

This is baffling to me. The breakdown of adjusted losses is 58-55-10 oldest to newest (21/22).

If the 58 drops off that means the period up to 22/23 should be 65 plus 22/23. How is it possible that we’ve lost over 40m in 22/23 when we only lost 10m in 21/22?

Am I missing something?
that's what I don't understand, I don't see how we could have possibly made such a huge loss, people have mentioned stadium interest rates, but to the tune of 40 million? I don't think so

He's supposed to be one of the very best lawyers in the world in these types of cases and he obviously thought that was the best argument to get it overturned I don't know what your qualifications are to be fair to you but if you know better than him you should have been doing the job for free.
Basing it off what was written in the report and that the club are satisfied with the points back but then go on to say this:

The Club is also particularly pleased with the Appeal Board’s decision to overturn the original Commission’s finding that the Club failed to act in utmost good faith. That decision, along with reducing the points deduction, was an incredibly important point of principle for the Club on appeal. The Club, therefore, feels vindicated in pursuing its appeal.“

I’m not blaming Rabinowitz, I think the club itself was more bothered about clearing their name on that particular point than getting it overturned.

If we are going solely off the concept in the EFL of double jeopardy, the starting points for us is a penalty which is 1/3 of the original penalty, because 2 of those years have already been punished.

So if that's the case, the starting point for us is a further 2 points deduction - before considering mitigation. I think it's close to inevitable that we get another penalty, but based on what I have read, I would also be hopeful it's limited to 1 or 2 points.

It's not satisfactory at all to me. I'm really not at all happy. But that's my honest opinion based on what I've seen today. I think a points deduction for Forest is virtually inevitable now as well, since they've said in the findings that the starting point of any breach is a points deduction.
It is far from a satisfactory outcome for us full stop but it might just be a lifeline out of this horror show.

If they follow precedent of not going above 9 for Administration then Forest would be hit with 6 as a starting point to align with our deduction. However, if as rumoured their breach may be twice ours then I could foresee an 8 point deduction for them. Their trend as well could only be spending increasing exponentially and with no obvious mitigating factors they could well and truly be up the creek.

that's what I don't understand, I don't see how we could have possibly made such a huge loss, people have mentioned stadium interest rates, but to the tune of 40 million? I don't think so
This is where I wonder if the secure funding thing has got us. Because if our adjusted loss in 21/22 is 10m I can’t fathom 40m last year. We bought some players, but you also have the sales of Gordon (pure book profit) and Kean, and an improving wage picture.