6 + 2 Point Deductions

does anyone know how bad Forest's breach is in comparison to our 19m?

Forest fan in peace. Have several Everton supporting fans as good friends.

No-one knows mate - probably the first we'll find out is when the commissions report is published, unless it suits one side to leak details. It's probably in the same ball park as your original breech. Our approach and mitigations are different to yours, but having read the commissions report on Everton, and sometimes scanning this forum to get a better understanding, I doubt our outcome will be much different. We could probably manage 6, but anymore and we're down.

I'm hoping you get points back, 1) because the scale of the penalty just seems plain harsh (and is not based on any published rules, or any estimation of sporting advantage), but also 2) because that would probably mean our punishment will be weaker then it might be.

The other thing that I'm holding out hope on, is the PL wanting to avoid the absolute farce of potentially several clubs not knowing whether they are relegated or not past the final game of the season (pending appeals). Think that would be a worldwide embarrassment for the league.

Shagger Silk got them on the run.

Between the soaring legal bills, the potential chaos for the end of the season, and the reaction of the parliamentary committee even out of self interest rather than any fairness the signs are all there that they should reach a balanced amicable settlement with us and Forest then move on with their new, and hopefully more transparent, rules rather than die on the hill of unfit rules and an insufficient process.

Between the soaring legal bills, the potential chaos for the end of the season, and the reaction of the parliamentary committee even out of self interest rather than any fairness the signs are all there that they should reach a balanced amicable settlement with us and Forest then move on with their new, and hopefully more transparent, rules rather than die on the hill of unfit rules and an insufficient process.
Interesting that our former CEO Keith Wyness said that Masters' predecessor at the PL (the kopite) would never have allowed this mess to develop. He reckons a compromise would have been found which did not involve the draconian points deduction.

Masters has overseen a shambles for the PL.

Interesting that our former CEO Keith Wyness said that Masters' predecessor at the PL (the kopite) would never have allowed this mess to develop. He reckons a compromise would have been found which did not involve the draconian points deduction.

Masters has overseen a shambles for the PL.
Which is odd because he’s perfectly happy to reach negotiated settlements when accused of racial discrimination.

That article also says

An ongoing investigation into Chelsea over possible breaches of financial regulations and negotiations over the proposed EFL ‘New Deal’ is only adding to the workload.

I’d be smiling if I earned £1000 an hour too.
Read nothing into it. He won’t care if we win or lose, it’s no skin off his nose.
We will see when we see
He will care. There will be a huge amount of ego that goes with it. And losing will be a blemish on his record, especially when you think about how appalling the process and the PL have been. It should be an open goal in terms of pulling it apart.