6 + 2 Point Deductions

IF that's the case...when and where does it stop? Continuous point deduction?

As someone else pointed out, the minute every season 2 or 3 teams are hit with point deductions, it renders the league uncompetitive.
When we get relegated as these are Premier League rules. It ends then. However if we go down the likelyhood is we either go into administration which will be 9 points. We then fall under EFL rules which are much more set in stone than PL rules. We’d more than likely hit double figure points deductions.

Didn’t Moshir put the loans into the club tho rather than the stadium?

Moshiri put £450mill of his "own" money into the stadium build. He took commercial loans out to fund day to day operations. We put £2.1millon of interest on those loans as losses towards the stadium...the PLC didn't allow/agree with that.

When we get relegated as these are Premier League rules. It ends then. However if we go down the likelyhood is we either go into administration which will be 9 points. We then fall under EFL rules which are much more set in stone than PL rules. We’d more than likely hit double figure points deductions.

Someone has to be the sacrifice

Could someone explain this cartel to me?

It gets mentioned a hell of a lot. I think it is Sky, the Top 6 and the Premier league.

If it is a cartel though why are TNT and Amazon allowed to show games?

Why does the top 6 continually change?

And above all if the top 6 and Sky are in cahoots then why did Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs and United want to join a European Super League that Sky wouldn't be showing?

It doesn't.

Over the last 10 seasons (going all the way back to the 72 point @davek season), here's a breakdown of which non-sky6 teams finished between 1st and 6th:

22/23: Newcastle, Brighton
21/22: None
20/21: Leicester, West Ham
19/20: Leicester
18/19: None
17/18: None
16/17: None
15/16: Leicester, Southampton
14/15: None
13/14: Everton

Over 10 seasons, the 60 top six positions have been filled by a non-sky6 teams 8 times.

The only club who have 'regularly' finished in the top 6 are now in the Championship.

Any sky6 club which misses out is invariably back in the top 6 the following season.

Last edited:

It's common sense really, if we thought we'd be ok and we've been sailing close to the wind, we'd think that again, hence we'll probably have to sell £20 million worth of players. You'd hope we could get some money for Godfrey and Keane but I'm not sure anyone will pay their wages so the severance pay we have to give them might cancel any transfer fees we get. It's more likely we'll have to sell Pickford, Onana or Branthwaite as they're the only players anyone would want.
We already did make a few reasonably big sales after the last period end - Gray, Iwobi, Cannon all after 30 June - possibly someone else I've forgotten as well.

I don't know the figures so we absolutely could be in trouble again, but given these sales, it's also possible we will be ok.

Well he’s basically said City are screwed. They have basically been involved in conspiracy and fraud. Said he can only see them being relegated from the league.
No he didn't. He said IF it' proven then the least City can expect is relegation. He also said he didn't think the Prem could prove City are guilty. The charges are so serious and involve so many people, including third parties. The level of proof needed so high, it's extremely unlikely they will be found guilty. The only thing they have City bang to rights for is non cooperation. Same as CAS.

Can you help me understand mate where it said ahead of time what the range of punishment would be for PSR beach and how we could have known for sure that it would be a significant points deductions for a monetary/accounting breach rather than a fine?

Also while you are at it, is the 10 point deduction egregious or reasonable?

He won't answer it.

No he didn't. He said IF it' proven then the least City can expect is relegation. He also said he didn't think the Prem could prove City are guilty. The charges are so serious and involve so many people, including third parties. The level of proof needed so high, it's extremely unlikely they will be found guilty. The only thing they have City bang to rights for is non cooperation. Same as CAS.

We all know the outcome.

Personally think it'll be a complete waste of everyone's time and money