6 + 2 Point Deductions

Listening to Durham (who’s always been a plank) and Danny Mills on Talksport before the game and I tell you what, they absolutely nailed this whole situation. Durham for all his faults actually called out the prem for harming the fans and refreshingly the piece covered the full context of the situation not just the headline clickbait nonsense that Gwladysknight is pushing.

Mills given he’s got no connection to the club other than Stanley is in our youth team spoke very well about the situation and clearly has a well educated view of the ins and outs of the case.

Real shame the rest of the cartel of PL, client media and sky six customers including Galaxy’s simply don’t get the big picture with all this

Any FFP rules shouldn’t restrict how much you invest, just how you do it. It makes sense to limit a club’s borrowing so they aren’t saddled with debt long-term but if owners want to inject money themselves that doesn’t threaten the club’s ability to operate as a going concern that should be fine. Clubs should be made to be able to demonstrate they have the reserves to meet their obligations. That would be fairer than saying you can’t spend your money because your revenues aren’t big enough. This would mean the small clubs could compete though which is what the PL don’t want. Surely people with clout will highlight this at some point.

If the top clubs can spend hundreds of millions on players then every club in the league should be able to if they choose to as long as it doesn’t load the club with unmanageable debts as you have mentioned. At the minute all that has been introduced is a glass ceiling.

Don't want to hear that it’s there to protect teams either. Another deduction could very well kill us off as a club. Only teams it protects is those who made their fortunes before it was introduced.

A lot of clubs would think twice if given the chance to revote now.

Utter waffle and a complete distraction piece from Carragher that.

Clearly the comms has gone out after the select committee yesterday to double down and save face. Jon Cross and the utter rubbish he’s spouting and a few others are clearly on the orders from the PL.

Bottom line, anger does nothing. Anger at people who’ve left or have checked out does nothing. Pitch invasions at Reading will do nothing…. Dealing with the here and now with the clubs situation financially and the future is important though and why it IS important to focus on the PL who are administering penalties and charges that are wholly disproportionate and inconsistent which also contradict what the CEO Masters claimed yesterday.

This is an existential threat to the future of our club and relegation is the least of our worries. Administration and financial ruin is and the human impact for staff, players and most importantly fans will be horrific.

This is exactly why those hit pieces and poorly informed statements by the media and pundits need calling out as there are so many poorly informed tribal types at other clubs who buy into the official line from the PL.

There will be a time and let’s be honest we did aim anger at the board with protests and marches but this is about the league punishing us for the future for the sins of the past yet are happy to look at other clubs including Chelsea and City different.
Masters says they’re different cases? They’re only different because of their status and special interest in the PL board and that right there is what really needs calling out.

There’s fans in the traditional sense, those that know when to put tribal allegiance to one side for the “greater good” but there’s “customers” who live on FIFA24 who lap up every social media post and get off on their glory hunting Sky Six commercially spoon fed product. That is what we are really up against.

I'm sorry but a lot of that is nonsense. Of course the case against city is different. Its not just a simple accounting issue that is laid down in black and white. It's fraud and dishonesty that is being alleged for city which they have denied. The PL need evidence and need to be very sure of the case. It is also the case that as City have denied the charges it's going to be subject to far more challenge and debate. That's before you even think about the number of charges that need working through. City obviously deserve punishment, and as quickly as possible, but it's also equally obvious their case is very different.

You will see my original point being (the one you replied to), a rebuttal to John Cross - saying that Wolves are whiter than white - by pointing out they gamed the system to win promotion to the PL.
Your rebuttal would have been fine if it had been relevant to FFP. It wasn't.

I'm sorry but a lot of that is nonsense. Of course the case against city is different. It’s not just a simple accounting issue that is laid down in black and white. It's fraud and dishonesty that is being alleged for city which they have denied. The PL need evidence and need to be very sure of the case. It is also the case that as City have denied the charges it's going to be subject to far more challenge and debate. That's before you even think about the number of charges that need working through. City obviously deserve punishment, and as quickly as possible, but it's also equally obvious their case is very different.
That’s fair enough but I think that might be your interpretation of the situation may be wide of the mark as the charges on city broken down do quote several P&S charges that although might be different in context as I’ve not seen the detail (and most haven’t - we didn’t see ours until the penalty was published months after the charge) but there are several charges for city under the P&S banner so I’d argue that you’re not quite accurate that they are different.

Either way, I don’t care about City’s case or that of anyone else, I don’t care that we are “bang to rights” regardless of how much bleating people do to prove some sort of point over things we can’t change and about a board that doesn’t exist anymore, I only care that Everton is treated fairly in line with the other 20 teams and that the future of the club is not further destroyed by an outside organisation such as the PL and clearly that isn’t the case in the form of punishments and media campaign against us

The PL calling in a favour by getting their minions to turn the other 14 against one another.

Sadly it'll work which is baffling considering Wolves went from a team in 7th getting to cup semi finals to one battling the drop yet they're happy being given a pat.
It will be interesting to see what happens at Newcastle as they are the latest to be stunted. Leicester are the best example of winning the title and the cup and then it all going wrong. Seems you can have your moment in the sun, within reason, but it isn't going to last.

That’s fair enough but I think that might be your interpretation of the situation may be wide of the mark as the charges on city broken down do quote several P&S charges that although might be different in context as I’ve not seen the detail (and most haven’t - we didn’t see ours until the penalty was published months after the charge) but there are several charges for city under the P&S banner so I’d argue that you’re not quite accurate that they are different.

Either way, I don’t care about City’s case or that of anyone else, I don’t care that we are “bang to rights” regardless of how much bleating people do to prove some sort of point over things we can’t change and about a board that doesn’t exist anymore, I only care that Everton is treated fairly in line with the other 20 teams and that the future of the club is not further destroyed by an outside organisation such as the PL and clearly that isn’t the case in the form of punishments and media campaign against us
What I think is wrong is that the City case has dragged on and on and they have continued to win trophies in that time. Talk about gaining a sporting advantage.

Wasn't that long ago when City were in the same financial state as the rest of football. Obviously some financial manipulating has been taking place to get them to where their turnover is now. The problem is, the gate appears to be closing way too late.

I'm sorry but a lot of that is nonsense. Of course the case against city is different. Its not just a simple accounting issue that is laid down in black and white. It's fraud and dishonesty that is being alleged for city which they have denied. The PL need evidence and need to be very sure of the case. It is also the case that as City have denied the charges it's going to be subject to far more challenge and debate. That's before you even think about the number of charges that need working through. City obviously deserve punishment, and as quickly as possible, but it's also equally obvious their case is very different.

This breaks down why its taking so long

Could someone explain this cartel to me?

It gets mentioned a hell of a lot. I think it is Sky, the Top 6 and the Premier league.

If it is a cartel though why are TNT and Amazon allowed to show games?

Why does the top 6 continually change?

And above all if the top 6 and Sky are in cahoots then why did Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs and United want to join a European Super League that Sky wouldn't be showing?
Money is the answer to each of these questions.

Also, aren’t you bored yet?

If the top clubs can spend hundreds of millions on players then every club in the league should be able to if they choose to as long as it doesn’t load the club with unmanageable debts as you have mentioned. At the minute all that has been introduced is a glass ceiling.

Don't want to hear that it’s there to protect teams either. Another deduction could very well kill us off as a club. Only teams it protects is those who made their fortunes before it was introduced.

A lot of clubs would think twice if given the chance to revote now.

Ffp/ psr has killed the PL as a competition, the cartel has won, but don't tell gladysknight, defender of the rich and greedy.

Either they charged them when the evidence was in place or they charged them without being able to prove it and are now trying to put it together. I'd be shocked if they didn't have the proof before charging and they could easily have just gone for some low hanging fruit.
I don't care personally, and I hope City make it really difficult for them while winning the lot because they are upsetting the rest of the cartel and showing P&S, FFP up for the joke that it is

Why does the top 6 continually change?

It doesn't change that much, does it?

However, it's not always the same 6 teams that finish in there, so you're right to a degree. It does beg the question though; why do we have a so-called 'big 6' then? Couldn't possibly be PR spin, could it?

Remember when it was just the big 4? Liverpool had a spell of being out of it, and the media, mainly Sky, were forced to create another narrative.

I like to call it the 'ABC'...

Agenda.
Bias.
Cult worship.

United's spend listed by the Forever nutter was 569m so that is more than 508m so you're not being honest, are you?

Fair enough, semantics really though isn't it. Point is we spent an absolute fortune with nothing to show for it and that's why we are where we are now. We can cry corruption all we want but the fact is the owners we protested against, that we knew were running the club shambolically, put us in this position.

Any other club that had spent this badly would be in exactly the same position. United are fortunate they have vastly more income so a bit more latitude, but they've still absolutely **cked it as well. They can't make signings at the minute because they're up against it with FFP (until such time the new owner finds a way to invest) so as my original point, it's not unlimited for them either.

I have to think Chelsea have an absolute storm coming when they run out of youth players to sell, but the fact that even they have seemingly managed to stay on the right side of PSR shows just how moronic the Everton board must have been to fall foul of it.