6 + 2 Point Deductions

And not forgetting;

In fact let’s squirt the PL with the lot

it would never happen but I’d absolutely love it to put them all in unheated changing rooms (the refs), take the railing off the stairs to the TV box, put the most hideous lunches on for any league officials and only the league officials. Anyone with any sort of formal connection to the league or the media to have the most miserable experience.

Apparently it's heard and judged on within 2 months of it going in...just how long EFC will take on this we don't know.

I suspect that the club know it'll be forlorn and are just avoiding dealing with this right now by kicking it down the road.

The club officially appealed yesterday but I don't know whom too or who it consists of.

For what we have got no sporting advantage is what the league have said even tho with this pathetic -10
It is clear the Premier League did think we did get a sporting advantage.

From the report.

The first head is that of punishment. A breach of the PSR involves an
overspend in excess of £105 million above the target of a nil PSR loss. It is
therefore at any level a serious breach.

Further, as was recognised in
Sheffield Wednesday FC v The Football League Ltd a breach of the PSR will
confer a sporting advantage on the defaulting club, to the detriment of
competing clubs who have managed their finances more responsibly. The
fact that that sporting advantage cannot be quantified but must be inferred
underlines the need for a sanction that imposes a proper punishment.
Anything less than that would encourage default to the expense of compliant
clubs.

In the end, we admitted we breached P&S spending rules and the law states that is gaining a sporting advantage.

I keep seeing comment we can’t be sued, the premier league would be where the claim is.

Yet there’s evidence on twitter from a lawyer saying there are 5 clubs attempting to sue us.

Which one is it?! Can we be sued or is it nonsense?!

1700314766197.png

We breached P&S because the clowns based our financial projections on finishing 6th. If we had budgeted for finishing 16th we would have passed P&S.
That's not the whole story though is it? Poor management and risks that didn't work out took us into the danger zone. But we could still have pulled through had it not been for a range of mitigating factors, including Covid, transfer difficulties stadium financing etc. And the club was working hard to ensure compliance, was engaging with the PL, etc. Of course mistakes were made, but no way would we have signed Patterson and Myko unless the club believed that it could stay under the threshold.

It is clear the Premier League did think we did get a sporting advantage.

From the report.

The first head is that of punishment. A breach of the PSR involves an
overspend in excess of £105 million above the target of a nil PSR loss. It is
therefore at any level a serious breach.

Further, as was recognised in
Sheffield Wednesday FC v The Football League Ltd a breach of the PSR will
confer a sporting advantage on the defaulting club, to the detriment of
competing clubs who have managed their finances more responsibly. The
fact that that sporting advantage cannot be quantified but must be inferred
underlines the need for a sanction that imposes a proper punishment.
Anything less than that would encourage default to the expense of compliant
clubs.

In the end, we admitted we breached P&S spending rules and the law states that is gaining a sporting advantage.
Pppfffttt! Any half decent lawyer would quickly prove that the cack we spent our ill gotten gains on actually gave the other clubs an advantage!

Its ridiculous, What are Forest planning on suing us for , the fact that that if we hadn't gone over P&S they would have still finished 2 places above us rather than one?

Loiks like. They can claim £4/5m due to position in the table im reading it as. Same as other clubs.

Possibly the 2 clubs that finished in the final relegation place has a claim to sue for a lot more due to relegation.

Thats the way im reading it.

But they have opened pandoras box. If this is allowed then clubs will be going after clubs left right and centre everytime they break any rule.

The club officially appealed yesterday but I don't know whom too or who it consists of.
The appeal will be heard by a second Independent panel. The initial judiciary panel requires 10 years of relevant experience. The members of the appeals panel require an extra 5 years of experience. The panel will be chosen by Murray Rosen KC.

January transfer window will be difficult as 1) do we have any money even for a loan? And 2) clubs that have it in for us will probably not want to sell to us in the hope it expedites our demise

Forest one of the clubs lining up to sue. No way looking at their spend and revenue, they aren't close to the £105m limit themselves.

Hahahahaha what? Definitely the most absurd thing I’ve heard come out of this entire saga. I would be keeping extremely quiet if I were them, they’ve got Jonjo Shelvey on £100k a week out on loan in Turkey with 3 years left on his contract.

You would be better served avoiding this thread I would say. I don't think you intend to antagonise but announcing citys innocence in financial dealings is just too laughable to be seen as anything other than that.
People are presuming we are guilty, what actual proof do they have? Rhetorical question because I know they have none. I will bow out of this thread because it certainly isn't my intention to wind anyone up.