6 + 2 Point Deductions

Considering they said they have taken into account our work over the last 4 years and our positive PSR trend yet it’s still 10 points doesn’t make me hopeful about an appeal.

The league have made an example out of us. Of course we shouldn't engage with them moving forward. We engaged with them throughout the process and it doesn't seem to have mattered.
So you want to take that stance... and still think we'd collect all the TV money that we get because the Prem is seen as No1 in the world.
It's a ridiculous stance.

10 though?

That's what's angering me so much

If it had been 3-5 points I would have been annoyed, but would have just got on with it

10 is beyond excessive
It’s all relative isn’t it. There is no law here or anything. Whole thing is a mess and ripe for exploitation and bias.

If we see City etc getting hefty fines and deductions then we could say it’s fair enough.

We should be far more annoyed at the owners and the board than the Premier League. We broke the rules and then publicly denied it. Only to admit we had broken the rules. That probably played a huge part in how severe the punishment is. If we had admitted we had broke the rules straightaway we would almost certainly have been relegated last season.

I think we will almost certainly be okay points-wise this season but the worry is getting sued by the likes of Leeds, Leicester, and Burnley. Those costs could finish us off.

The thing is as well. We learnt the hard way with regards to our reckless spending. Players have been stuck at the club on high wages and long contracts. We have had to sell players to make ends meet. 2 relegation battles. We have already been punished.

We have been working with the premier league. We have shifted Richarlison and Gordon for big money in that time and seem to be acting more prudent when it comes to our dealings. So what was the point?

Yeah, they've been misleading us all along. Anger over the severity of the punishment is totally right, but shouldn't be the same as absolving the club of blame. Looking at the judgement those running the club have been negligent and dishonest, they are a disgrace.
Possible the submissions in March and April are where we claimed innocence. It says data and submissions changed substantially in Oct. Best case is (in terms of lies) we only changed our plea last month after losing some initial arguments and plumped for a £9mill overspend.

As an accountant who has spent time in and around a PL winning club, that’s some shocking shocking shocking work. Amazed some of the finance officers etc only left as part of the recent ship-jumping. Breach of fiduciary duties? Who knows. But massive massive incompetence for this to even have been an issue. Or if not incompetence, lack of bottle to tell the owner he was running towards a cliff. Pathetic. The punishment is pathetic, but so was the clubs CFO

Looking at the guidelines it's only a 2 point difference. I think we were lucky to get away with our inflated COVID losses tbh. Now I know what the scale of punishment is it could have been much worse, as I think we overinflated those by about £75 million.
There is a lot of merit in that argument ( unfortunately)