Players who have improved Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Campbell in terms of immediate impact, we looked as though we were pretty much down before he joined.

Tim Cahill and Arteta had more of a prolonged impact, they added a lot of quality and guile to a very mediocre midfield.

Lukaku in terms of adding an instant goal threat, that first season under Martinez he was ridiculous and helped the players behind him play better due to the space he created.

We need another instant improvement player as soon as, otherwise we will stay where we are for a long time.
Pienaar too.

Jameth.

3 goals and 3 assists in first 5 games of 20/21 season, after which Everton were unbeaten and top of the league with 13 points, 14 goals scored, and playing the most exciting front foot football I can recall.

Probably the best player that I've ever seen in a blue shirt in my lifetime, only to be hounded out of the club by toxic fans/FSW/both

Jameth.

3 goals and 3 assists in first 5 games of 20/21 season, after which Everton were unbeaten and top of the league with 13 points, 14 goals scored, and playing the most exciting front foot football I can recall.

Probably the best player that I've ever seen in a blue shirt in my lifetime, only to be hounded out of the club by toxic fans/FSW/both
I don't think toxic fans had anything to do with it.

It was all Rafael

Gareth Barry comes to mind. Later stage of his career but came in and did the exact job needed.

I remember in his presser Martinez said something like "he gets in the right place at right time to stock attacks" - then in his debut against Chelsea he slid in to stop of a shot going in - we won too.

EDIT: went down the wiki black hole:

"On 2 September 2013, transfer deadline day, Barry was loaned to Everton in a season-long deal.[31] He made his debut on 15 September in a 1–0 home league win against Chelsea during which he made a block on Samuel Eto'o which prevented a certain goal, later being named man of the match."

Status
Not open for further replies.