Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because, he’s signed as an Everton player and we don’t pay any money to Spurs until he’s paid x amount of games - which he never reached.

So, even though he hasn’t reached the threshold of games, where a payment kicks in, we can still loan him out.

At the end of the loan he either comes back to us and we start paying his wages in full again / start playing him or he signs for the Turks - I’m sure there’ll be a clause, where Spurs get a payment if this happens.
Ok. Get it. So who pays Him now ?

Re Branthwaite, This from Dutch press .

PSV can lose Jarrad Branthwaite again in the winter break. Everton contractually has the option to bring the centre-back back if he does not come to a certain number of matches, Voetbal International and the Eindhovens Dagblad report.
He doesn't seem to be able to reach this number. PSV hope to keep Branthwaite on board until the end of this season, although there is reportedly no panic if Everton decides to bring him back. Olivier Boscagli will return from an injury at the beginning of 2023, so that the people of Eindhoven will have at least two left central defenders with Armando Obispo.
Branthwaite has played ten official matches for PSV so far. He made 485 minutes in that, which, according to the ED and VI, makes it almost impossible that PSV can still block a return to Everton. The left leg was in the starting line-up in the Europa League match with Arsenal and the Eredivisie topper against Feyenoord, although he is on the bench for most of the competition matches. Reportedly, Branthwaite himself has a voice in his future as well.

I assume, we’re paying some of his wages and the Turks are making up the rest.

If he comes back, we’ll be paying him in full again and
will be left in the same situation, where a payment kicks in after his played X amount of games for us, inc all the games from last season.
Ok. Thanks

Re Branthwaite, This from Dutch press .

PSV can lose Jarrad Branthwaite again in the winter break. Everton contractually has the option to bring the centre-back back if he does not come to a certain number of matches, Voetbal International and the Eindhovens Dagblad report.
He doesn't seem to be able to reach this number. PSV hope to keep Branthwaite on board until the end of this season, although there is reportedly no panic if Everton decides to bring him back. Olivier Boscagli will return from an injury at the beginning of 2023, so that the people of Eindhoven will have at least two left central defenders with Armando Obispo.
Branthwaite has played ten official matches for PSV so far. He made 485 minutes in that, which, according to the ED and VI, makes it almost impossible that PSV can still block a return to Everton. The left leg was in the starting line-up in the Europa League match with Arsenal and the Eredivisie topper against Feyenoord, although he is on the bench for most of the competition matches. Reportedly, Branthwaite himself has a voice in his future as well.

In an ideal world we sell Keane + Mina and Branthwaite comes back to learn under Coady/Tarkowski.

Lewis Warrington at Fleetwood (League One) played the full match and was shown a 21st minute yellow card in his side’s 1-1 away draw with Oxford. ?

Lewis Dobbin at Derby County (League One) played the full match and grabbed a 59th minute assist in his side’s 1-1 away draw with Morecambe. ?

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One) played the full match in his side’s 1-1 draw away to Lincoln City.

I had a look at the Derby highlights against Morecambe and Dobbin was impressive in those. He had a pacy run into the box and was brought down for a penalty that was subsequently missed . Another run saw him pick up the ball deep in his own half and run diagonnally 60 yards into the opposing box but his shot was deflected away or it would have been a goal of the season contender. He also did a cut back inside from the left and laid the ball off for the goalscorer. It’s League 1 of course but he’s looking very sharp.

I had a look at the Derby highlights against Morecambe and Dobbin was impressive in those. He had a pacy run into the box and was brought down for a penalty that was subsequently missed . Another run saw him pick up the ball deep in his own half and run diagonnally 60 yards into the opposing box but his shot was deflected away or it would have been a goal of the season contender. He also did a cut back inside from the left and laid the ball off for the goalscorer. It’s League 1 of course but he’s looking very sharp.

….good footballers tend to play well with good footballers, so you could see an improvement at a higher level if the quality is there.

The appointment of a very effective loans ’watcher’ could be very good business if that person develops a judgement of whether a player has the requisite skill set to step up.

Last edited:
End product the big concern for me. His ball striking leaves a lot to be desired

End product the big concern for me. His ball striking leaves a lot to be desired
Indeed. I was comparing Whitaker with him elsewhere, different styles as you know but Whitaker is back to getting in shots on goal , pick ups in the box and shooting and has always been wanting to take free kicks. I don’t see as much of that with Dobbin, his strengths are his pace and a lot of his goals have come with a shot at the end of a run. Hopefully it is something that can be worked on and improved. I wish I was clever enough to edit his highlights from the other night , they were short but impressive.

Ellis Simms at Sunderland (Championship) came on in the 45th minute with the scoreline at 0-0: Sunderland went on to win 0-2 away to Huddersfield with Simms grabbing a 96th minute assist for the second goal. ?

Niels Nkounkou at Cardiff (Championship) played the full match and was booked in the 40th minute of his side’s 1-2 home defeat to Watford. ?

Indeed. I was comparing Whitaker with him elsewhere, different styles as you know but Whitaker is back to getting in shots on goal , pick ups in the box and shooting and has always been wanting to take free kicks. I don’t see as much of that with Dobbin, his strengths are his pace and a lot of his goals have come with a shot at the end of a run. Hopefully it is something that can be worked on and improved. I wish I was clever enough to edit his highlights from the other night , they were short but impressive.
Yes hopefully they can work on it, suppose it may be easier to develop his shooting than it may be for Whitaker to develop enough physically. Saw the Derby highlights on YouTube where he did actually have one shot he nearly whipped far post but for the most part his shots are pea rollers. I was impressed with his willingness to drive at the defenders, if he can build on this loan its very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.